Samsung forum

Rant

Samsung Fridge Problems

by kkkinaz / June 28, 2013 12:46 AM PDT

I have a bridge model number RS 261M DWP that we purchased last November. As temperatures increased with warmer weather we started buying ice cream and noted that it was impossible to scoop ice cream even with a heavy-duty spoon out of the freezer and in fact had the microwave a full carton for almost a minute to get it to scooping temperature.
I checked the temperature in the freezer and found out it was running from 0° to -10° and I had the temperature setting with the controls on the front of the unit set for the warmest temperature I could get in the freezer.
I called Samsung and They set up an appointment with A & E and when the tech came out he diagnosed the problem as a thermistor but told me he could not order the part as it was shown as a collect call even though the refrigerator was made in October 2012 and I showed him proof that I purchased it in November 2012.
I have now had 7 or 8 appointments, one was a no-show and another was canceled and they have replaced a cooling fan and thermistor unit in the my freezer and the control board and as of this morning my refrigerator is still at 0° or less and I am having to run the refrigerator at near the top of the light scale (the coldest) to keep it around 40° where it should be.
Of note Samsung customer service cannot seem to relay the fact that my unit is in warranty even though they have the serial number which tells them when it was made and every call I have ever made to Samsung results in a non-warranty call. A & E has been able to correct the collect calls to warranty calls over the phone and all but the 1st appointment. So now when I need assistance I call A & E directly and so far they are about 50/50 on getting proper documentation to their tech that this is a warranty call.
3 of the tax that have been here have told me that 0° or last at the warmest temperature is entirely too cold for the freezer and at the same time I am worried that I am running the refrigerator at a higher light number that I should have to to keep it at a proper temperature.
I must say that this is the worst customer service and the worst attempt at trying to repair an appliance that I've ever been through in my life.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Fridge Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Fridge Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Samsung Fridge Problems
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 28, 2013 4:22 AM PDT

Hi kkkinaz,

I apologize for your experience thus far. If you could post your transaction number, I'd like to see if we can investigate this issue for you.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Ticket numbers
by kkkinaz / June 28, 2013 6:11 AM PDT

I have had several ticket numbers on this fridge in the last 6 weeks or so but the last one where they replaced the control board was 41245580.
I am hoping that this brings up the history for you.

Collapse -
Great Service~~~not!!!!!
by kkkinaz / July 1, 2013 2:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Ticket numbers

When I set the new appointment with the sub contractor, A & E, for tomorrow I was told to call back today to get my appointment time as morning or afternoon as they set the appointment for 8-5 this time rather than morning or afternoon.
So I call today and the subcontractor tells me that they won't know what tomorrow's schedule is until tomorrow and to call back then!
I am retired but I have better things to do in life the waiting around on multiple appliance repair appointments were people don't show things are rescheduled parts don't show up and the subcontractor is totally incompetent to repair a simple appliance.
I cannot imagine how a working family would deal with all these repair appointments that I have had over the last 6 weeks.
If his next appointment, whenever they show up, does not fix my fridge I think I will just sue Samsung for the cost of this refrigerator in small claims court and make an answer to a local judge.

Collapse -
Re: Ticket numbers
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 2, 2013 5:32 AM PDT

Hi kkkinaz,

I'm quite sorry to hear about this! I'm going to try to look into this for you. I believe the ticket number you gave me wasn't quite correct as it's a digit short. Could you please verify it for me?

HD Tech

Collapse -
No it's not.
by kkkinaz / July 2, 2013 8:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Ticket numbers

The number I gave you is the only one I had from A & E, your sub contractor, a division of whirlpool.
I quit calling Samsung weeks ago as they could not seem to manage to get the fact that my box was in warranty to A & E which caused a lot of problems.
A & E was here again this morning and as a retired electronics type that worked on the nuclear subs they don't have a clue what troubleshooting is.
I got fed up and called Samsung Corporate today and they are going to exchange this defective box.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?