HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Firmware Uninstall

by petew4 / January 25, 2009 1:59 AM PST

Is it possible to uninstall or go back to a previous version of firmware if the version you installed screwed up your picture? I installed a new firmware version for the LN-T4061F and now my screen is visible but all the colors are messed up or faded.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Firmware Uninstall
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Firmware Uninstall
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Firmware
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 26, 2009 7:55 AM PST

petew4,

It is possible to revert the firmware, but you have to have the previous version. I know we don't keep the previous versions on our website, so you may have to call 800-SAMSUNG and have product support send you the firmware. I can't handle those firmwares typically, and I don't have access to older versions that I can make available.

It's not possible to revert without a different version, however.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Firmware
by petew4 / January 26, 2009 11:07 AM PST
In reply to: Firmware

Thank you for your response. Since I downloaded the firmware to my flash drive and uploaded it to the TV, is it possible to have the previous version emailed in a zipped file and then go through the same process I used to install the firmware to install the previous version?

Collapse -
Firmware...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 26, 2009 1:14 PM PST

Yes, it would be applied the same way, except that you'd be installing a previous version over a newer version.

You may be able to find some of those online as well; however, I would try to get customer service to send you one.

I don't know the procedure on that, just that it's an avenue to explore. I'll ask and see what I can find out.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Firmware
by petew4 / January 26, 2009 11:56 PM PST
In reply to: Firmware...

Thanks again for the response. I talked to customer service and I do have a service number assigned but they are talking about having a service tech come out. If it could be done via email of software or download off of the Samsung site, this would be easier, quicker and less costly to Samsung. If this is possible, it sure would be the preferred option, I think.

Collapse -
Firmware
by petew4 / January 28, 2009 5:51 AM PST

Any update on a software download being a solution? Getting closer to the Super Bowl and I would sure love to see it on my Samsung HDTV.:-)

Collapse -
Gave it a try....
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 28, 2009 11:24 PM PST

I tried to see if one of our webmasters would put this on the website. Unfortunately, putting up older firmware isn't something that they're willing to do. The best bet is to fulfill the service call in progress.

I tried.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks
by petew4 / January 29, 2009 6:15 AM PST
In reply to: Gave it a try....

I appreciate your efforts. Heck even if they didnt put it on the site but emailed it to me it would be great. I understand if they can't. I just haven't heard anything and it was Monday that I called in. Again though, thanks for your efforts.

Collapse -
firmware
by BruceMWilliams / April 15, 2016 12:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

did you ever get that legacy firmware from Sansung? I have the same TV, same problem!!! thanks
Brucew (ATSIGN)umbc.edu

Collapse -
It's been many years and the news is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2016 12:54 PM PDT
In reply to: firmware

In over 7 years I have yet to find Samsung supply or detail how to install an older firmware version. Samsung has been very consistent about this.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.