Phones forum

General discussion

samsung e317 , lg1400, or sony ericsson z500a HELP!!!!

by littlebit4 / April 6, 2005 2:25 AM PDT

HI! Can someone please help me with my choice!!?
I bought the lg 1400 with 30 days to change, seems my husbands samsung 427 gets better signals all the time, also can't use it in my bedroom, which is a pain as I use my computer there and would like to use the phone too. Love having an external photo id, etc, like to take pics, and download music for ring tones, but why have a phone you can't use? I am looking at these others as they seem close to the same features.
Also Hate the fact the you can't change the cingular scroll on the outside of my phone too, anyway which of these phones (Samsung e317, Ericsson Z500a, or even the one I have LG 1400) do you guys suggest? Any pros or cons?
All of the the same $$ at my cingular right now.
Thanks so much for your time!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung e317 , lg1400, or sony ericsson z500a HELP!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung e317 , lg1400, or sony ericsson z500a HELP!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
go with the Ericsson Z500a
by BLucc08 / April 19, 2005 3:23 PM PDT

i recently bought the Ericsson Z500a and I love it. my friend got the samsung e317 and the features are the same, but the quality is 20x better on the Z500a. The LG i've researched into and it has terrible battery life so I wouldn't even think about getting that. The signal is decent on the Ericsson, although the Samsung is slightly better. The camera and video quality is better on Ericsson. The whole configuration of the Ericcson is very user friendly for people not as knowledgable on cell phones. The Samsung interface is very difficult to use, but it's fine once you get the hang of it. Both good phones, but in the long-run I would go with the Ericsson. One con about the Ericsson is the size though, it's big, but also better because of the internal inntena. Z500a is my choice, but go with your instinct. Hope this helps,

BLucc08

Collapse -
suggestion
by birdmantd Forum moderator / April 19, 2005 8:45 PM PDT

Reception will be about the same on all three handsets. I use the Samsung E-317. The Sony Ericsson has video capability but not the Samsung, not sure about the LG 1400. Remember, reception can be affected by walls in your house.

Collapse -
The Samsung if you
by Jerry562 / April 21, 2005 1:17 AM PDT

don't care about sending pictures.

Collapse -
Re
by Refer / April 21, 2005 2:04 AM PDT

I use the 1400 myself, it so far does better than most any other phone I have seen. It may be that you have a bum unit. Does the other phone work in the bedroom, if it doesnt then you may be out of luck, but the LG definatly has fantastic sound quality and reception seems better than average. Maybe you should see about switching the LG for another version of the same model.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.