Resolved Question

Samsung DV3 32'' PC Monitor

I am using my Samsung DV3 32 inch HDTV (LA32C450E1DXXY vAO01) as a PC monitor with the resolution 1280x720 60Hz at 16:9 aspect ratio.

Can I just start by saying how impressed I am with this TV. I am running my PS3, blueray, TV and a PC all from the one device and it looks absolutely incredible.

But I have a problem when I try and play PC games with this setup. The instant the screen toggles it's resolution the monitor displays a 'Mode not Supported' error and there is nothing I can do but restart the computer.

I am running Windows XP. I believe it is trying to set the resolution to 1024x768. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Discussion is locked
lowey2002 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Samsung DV3 32'' PC Monitor
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung DV3 32'' PC Monitor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
XP and the OVERRIDE tab.

Did you run DXDIAG and head to the OVERRIDE TAB to limit it, set it to 60?
Bob

- Collapse -
Thankyou

Thankyou so much R. Proffitt

- Collapse -
Glad it helped.

I'm finding today's support to have forgotten this and many of the old fixes.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Samsung DV3 32'' PC Monitor

lowey2002,

- Collapse -
For future reference

ALT-F4 does nothing. Neither does a CTRL-ALT-DEL reboot. I even tried running a background service that changes resolution on ALT-F1. It was a total lockup. Fortunately, those days are over thanks to the override limit answer above.

- Collapse -
For future reference

lowey2002,

CNET Forums