Rant

SAMSUNG? DON"T BUY IT? WARRANTY WORTHLESS

Let me clarify. I have several Samsung products. Two flatscreen TVs, Stainless steel Fridge, Washer, Dryer, two Phones, two Galaxy Note Tablets - am I forgetting anything? Yup, they got my money. Their products are cute and fun but beware of their abyssmal service should something go wrong with the product. THEY WON'T HONOR THE WARRANTY!. They will try everything in their power to get out of it. I just got off the phone today with their talking head accusing me of causing Physical Damage. B***S***. No such thing occured. When the TV is off you can see that it is in pristine condition. There is even plastic covering still on the stand. But when I turn it on there are bright colored lines vertically. This is an internal problem. A faulty panel, whatever, not caused by me, yet they have "deemed" it is my fault. Well I have "Deemed" they aren't going to screw me on this one. Dissapointed doesn't even describe how I'm feeling about this! This doesn't end here. Stay Tuned.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: SAMSUNG? DON"T BUY IT? WARRANTY WORTHLESS
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: SAMSUNG? DON"T BUY IT? WARRANTY WORTHLESS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) it's a UN60F7100
- Collapse -
Re: SAMSUNG? DON"T BUY IT? WARRANTY WORTHLESS

Hi Manipicao,

I apologize for your experience thus far. If you could post your transaction number, I'd like to see if we can investigate this issue for you.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Transaction #

- Collapse -
Privacy Violation Alert!

Really Samsung? After I was told they wouldn't honor the warranty earlier this week, I started receiving phone calls and emails from a guy (I won't say his name here) who says he knows a guy that works for Samsung that gave him my PERSONAL INFORMATION so he could contact me and offer me close to nothing for the unit! Either this guy works at Samsung himself or there's an insider passing on personal data to his buddies, OR this is a tactic to get me to drop my complaint. Either way, it's despicable and I consider it a VIOLATION OF MY PRIVACY. The first call went to my voicemail on 2/4/14 at 6:18 PM. At 6:24 I received an email. Today I received another call at 6:37PM which I answered. Obviously I 'm not interested. I asked him where he got my information. That's when he nervously told me a friend at Samsung gave it to him! WHAT THE!?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HERE IS EXPERIENCING THIS

- Collapse -
Re: Privacy Violation Alert!

Hi Manipicao,

I am very sorry to hear this. I would like to investigate this issue further. If you would please forward the email you received along with your name and product information to qasupport@sea.samsung.com we will investigate this matter further.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Privacy Violation Alert!

O**** A********
TV Model is UN60F7100
Serial # *********
Below is the email

But how is this going to resolve my previous complaint about the TV failure?

George Smith (**********@yahoo.com)
To Me

Feb 4 at 6:24 PM

I heard that you have a samsung tv with a crack screen.If you are interested I'd like to buy it for parts.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks George

Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove personal information in post. on 02/07/2014 at 1:42 PM PT

- Collapse -
Re: Privacy Violation Alert!

I haven't heard anything as to your intentions on compensating me for the PRIVACY VIOLATION and BREACH OF TRUST at the hand of one of your employees let alone the DEFECTIVE TELEVISION .... still under warranty. Surely this is not the way Samsung attempts to sweep these things under the rug - By posting an Apology/Investigation notice on one of these sites and hoping it will just GO AWAY. I need and update on the situation.

- Collapse -
Samsung has made it RIGHT

Yes, in my previous posts I had a little trouble with the Customer Care department and felt they weren't hearing me but after investigating and escalating the matter, the people at Samsung have resolved the issues I had to my COMPLETE SATISFACTION. They have proven to me that Samsung takes the PRIVACY of their customers VERY SERIOUSLY. I appreciate the attention they gave to this matter and feel much more at ease. I fully intend to continue purchasing Samsung products. In fact I just bought another Samsung Blu-Ray Player for my 55". Thank You.

- Collapse -
Try Consumer Affairs..

.. or what its called in your country as last resort?

- Collapse -
Try Consumer Affairs..

Yes, thank you.

- Collapse -
Agree, don't buy Samsung product !!!
Sad Sad
Totally agree with you, I used to purchase a lots of electronic from Samsung, but I will change, because " SAMSUNG DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS"

" SAMSUNG DOES NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY POLICY" Samsung tried to use any method to avoid repair of their faulty products.

I purchased my Samsung Appeal last May ,2013, it was dead in Jan. 3, and Samsung refuse to fix it without any reason !! Angry Angry Angry
- Collapse -
No Longer necessary. Samsung has heard my cry

I was very frustrated at first but apparently they take Customer Privacy VERY SERIOUSLY. After escalating and some investigation, they have resolved the issue to my complete satisfation. Thank You for your attention to this matter. I will continue to buy Samsung products so long as they stand behind their customers.

- Collapse -
Agree that Warranty is worthless and the products need one

Like the original poster, I have a plethora of Samsung products, woe is me!
Until recently, I just thought that the problem was that the products failed shortly after the warranty expired.
Sadly, two recent experiences tell me that it doesn't matter because the warranty is useless anyway. Last fall, I bought a Samsung Gear S2 only to find that the design and manufacturing process of the watchband was so poor that the silicone band separated from the plastic clip on all 4 of the included bands within 2 weeks of wearing them. No strain, just normal use. But when I tried to get them replaced I got nowhere since they consider it physical damage rather than poor design. Last week the menu button on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (supposed to be shock and water resistant) failed. The Samsung Service Center just called to say that since there was water inside, it wasn't under warranty. Wait, wasn't it supposed to be water resistant... That is 2 failures in one product, water penetrating and the menu buttons ceasing functioning. Now I will have to go and pick up the crippled smartphone and pay $35 for the honor of them telling me that it isn't covered. Give us a break!!! We spend thousands on Samsung products and they can't even honor their warranties!!!

CNET Forums

Forum Info