General discussion

Samsung doesn't care about past models!

Model: C6930W
Firmware version: 1011.4

This is the second 3D blu ray that hasn't worked for me. First was The Lorax. Now it is Avengers 3D

I called last August when the Lorax was release and spoke with a customer representative. I didn't get anywhere so I spoke with the manager. Did get anywhere again. He just told me to wait patiently for a firmware update. He also stated they knew about the situation before I spoke with them. I waited patiently for a month and called back. I got the same story again and was told the same, wait patiently.

I feel like I have waited patiently enough for them to update their firmware. They haven't updated it since 2010 and they have release many firmware updates for their latest products. Shows how much Samsung really cares about their older product lines.

They don't make money off firmware updates but they do make money on new products and I'm sure the good will cost for old customers is far less valuable to them.

This is my last Samsung product.

You have been warned consumers!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung doesn't care about past models!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung doesn't care about past models!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Be fair. Other makers are not keeping up either.

I know you may not care but it was predicted that such would be a problem.

Think about those at the Polar or remote camps. The days of it just works are passing. I own 4 BD discs because the industry told me years ago what would happen. So there. I voted with my wallet.
Bob

- Collapse -
Its nonsense

There isn't any reason that my less than 2 year old BluRay player shouldn't be playing movies. I didn't have the Lorax however I do have the Avengers. The regular BluRay doesn't work it gets to the select language screen then once I pick it counts to 1:30 and bam its done. Took the movie back twice thinking it was bad but no its the player. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!

- Collapse -
I can think of a good reason.

Disney or another studio dreams up a new copy protection and runs with it. As this is not under any tight control, this story will repeat over and over.

It's a sure bet that Blu-Ray titles that are copy protected are a poor investment today. The industry has rigged the system to blow up.

Can I be more blunt?
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Samsung doesn't care about past models!

Hi dmun3,

I am really, truly sorry that you're having problems with your player for this long. We've been attempting to replicate the behavior on end with the Avenger's disc, and thus far, we've been unable to. Could you fill-in or correct the following information?

Movie Title: Avengers (3D, Blu-ray), Lorax (3D Blu-ray)
Retailers where the discs were purchased: ???
SKU/ASIN/UPC for each: ???

Complete Model Code of Blu-ray Player/Home Theater: HT-C6930W
Firmware Version: 1011.4
Describe the behavior when a disc is inserted (e.g., error messages, appearance, time delay): ???
How many copies have been tried: ???

I appreciate it! Have a good day!

HD Tech

CNET Forums