Samsung HLT5076SXXAA DLP TV for about 4 or more years now, and I know
there isn't a warranty covering this, but I just now got the whole
"white dots" problem. It started with one about 3 days ago, now it's at
three. I know it doesn't sound like much, but this is pretty much like
diagnosing your TV with cancer.

I called customer service to see what could be done, and they said that
I'm not covered by the "one time free of charge fix" which I thought was
total bull. If this is happening with Samsung only DLP Tv's then why
aren't they repairing all of these when they clearly say it's a defect? I just replaced the bulb earlier
this year and I don't have the kind of money they're asking for to
replace whatever part may be breaking to cause this, with the service
call and all. Even if I had the money, I still don't think this is
right.

I have stood by Samsung and their products as being top of the line for
years now and have even recommended people to buy their products. I
don't believe that me spending over $2,000 on this TV when I bought it,
just to have it break due to a chip malfunction caused when it was
bought originally with a defect, and then not support them when their
product goes bad due to said defect, is a proper way to handle this
situation at all, on their part.

Long story short, I feel shafted by the company that has helped many
others with this problem, but won't be arsed to bother to help someone
else because their "policy doesn't cover your model" when it's all the
same problem. I would like to see something done about this, however I
have a bad feeling I'm going to be told "policy is policy, and there's
nothing we can do. Have fun spending loads of money!"

This topic is mostly directed at getting a response from the Samsung Online Brand Ambassador
as it would seem they were the only person helping on this subject, and
getting things done. I would very much appreciate any help you may be
able to provide with this particular situation, and sincerely hope this problem can be resolved with a reasonable and fair solution.
Thanks. (I will be checking back on this regularly to see if there is
anything posted. I'm also open to having this handled through e-mail / private messages)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung DLP "White Dots" Problem w/ Customer Service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung DLP "White Dots" Problem w/ Customer Service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Info for the TV.
by xBladeM6x / September 6, 2011 9:39 AM PDT

Model Code: HLT5076SXXAA
Serial Number: AHFM3CKP802779Y
Version: PH01

Collapse -
Tip and question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2011 9:39 AM PDT

I couldn't find the other details such as the Transaction Number and what country this is in.

Also, older threads do get locked since the forum bottoms out and folk mistake a too deep can't reply issue to a true lock. Always alert us if you can't reply and watch out that you don't BURY your new request in some old discussion.

My question is "Which thread is that?" I don't see any locked discussions on the top page of the Samsung Forum today.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung DLP "White Dots" Problem w/ Customer Service
by xBladeM6x / September 6, 2011 9:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Tip and question.
Collapse -
Thanks.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2011 9:49 AM PDT

As you see that has 477 entries and it would slow down any replies if you posted in that giant discussion.

Hope you understand this.
Bob

Collapse -
by xBladeM6x / September 6, 2011 9:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks.

I was just using it as a reference point as it was closed a loooooong time ago. That's what led me here. Silly

Collapse -
Tip: Add the transaction number.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2011 9:58 AM PDT

Just reply to your top post.
Bob

Collapse -
Transaction Number...
by xBladeM6x / September 6, 2011 11:04 AM PDT

Just to be clear, where would I find this? If it means what I think it does, I don't have the receipt, and the order placed from Best Buy when I got it on the website is gone.

Collapse -
Usually when you call in.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2011 11:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Transaction Number...

If they don't give you the number, ask for it. If you read the success stories, everything depends on this.
Bob

Collapse -
Transaction Number... -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 6, 2011 11:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Transaction Number...

Anonymous,

Collapse -
by xBladeM6x / September 6, 2011 12:04 PM PDT

Oh, thanks. Yeah I thought it was like the order number that I got from best buy when I bought it. Will be calling soon!

Collapse -
Transaction #
by xBladeM6x / September 6, 2011 12:35 PM PDT

Well I'm happy to say I got my transaction # from my call the other day. Thanks for the help this far, and the cooperation!

Transaction #: 2108880318

Collapse -
Awesome.
by xBladeM6x / September 7, 2011 1:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Transaction #

Got a call from customer service, and they're giving me the one time free fix. I have to say, coming here was very helpful, and I'm glad that this was handled the way it was. Thank you so much for everything. Now I'm off to continue recommending Samsung products to friends.

Samsung Online Brand Ambassador - Fixing customer service, one person at a time. Cool

Collapse -
Awesome.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 7, 2011 4:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Awesome.

xBladeM6x,

Collapse -
Samsung DLPTV
by jdillah / September 13, 2011 5:17 AM PDT

I understand your frustration on this topic. I am in almost the exact same situation with the same TV and model number. I just paid $300.00 in May to have a new color wheel and lightbulb replaced in this stupid TV. Now i am getting the white dots. Mine also started out as two or three and now it looks like the stars in the sky at night. I used to work for Best Buty and I always supported their products so the lack of concerne on there part to fix this is deeply disturbing. I have had them escalate this but fear that it will result in nothing being done. I am seriously considering going back to Best Buy as an employee just to steer everyone that comes in the store clear of every Samsuck product in stock. If they were anywhere close to me I would load this damn TV up in my car and drive to their front door and throw the damn thing right through their window.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove profanity on 09/13/2011 at 12:38 PM PT

Collapse -
White Dot Issue that no one wants to fix
by jdillah / September 15, 2011 2:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung DLPTV

Why do I have to go through this to get my TV fixed? I bought it in good faith with my hard earned cash.

Good Morning,

This is ridiculous. I have read the forums of people with the same TV as mine that has gone through this same run around with you guys. Why is it that they eventually got in touch with someone who sent the service team out to their homes and had them find out that it is exactly the same issue and they got the onetime free replacement? How can I be having the exact same issue as the newer TV's and it be a different problem when the problem is the same for everyone else? This is outrageous and for you to tell me that you understand my frustration is crap. Do you have a TV of this model at home that has a hundred white dots, that you paid over a thousand dollars for that the manufacturer knows has a faulty part in it and refuses to fix it? Trust me I don't need your failed attempt at empathy. I took that class too and I passed it with flying colors. What I need is a company that is willing to stand by a product that they know has issues. Who else do I need to talk to about this because apparently I still have not gotten the right person. I understand that you don't want to shell out the cost for these repairs but you should have put better parts in the TV's to start and we would not be having this conversation. I am neither done nor satisfied with this response from you. I demand to have this issue addressed. At the rate that the white dots are appearing the whole damn screen will be white soon. Best Regards, Julius C. Davis

From: Snaecr_ag12 [mailto:Snaecr_ag12@sea.samsung.com] Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:21 AM To: Davis, Julius Subject: 3101055649 Julius Davis Mr. Davis, We received your claim in our Executive Customer Relations department regarding your Samsung DLP television. As already advised your unit is out of warranty. Your unit is not affected in what you described on line. I understand your frustration and certainly apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank, Dakelia W. Samsung Executive Customer Relations snaecr_ag12@sea.samsung.com Phone: 800-726-7864 ext. 85112 Fax: 864-751-5739

Collapse -
White Dot Issue that no one wants to fix
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 15, 2011 6:40 AM PDT

jdillah,

Collapse -
Is transaction number and ticket number the same?
by eporter72 / September 16, 2011 8:30 AM PDT

I put in an online request in, and got a ticket number is this the same? If so my ticket number is 4112321656.

Collapse -
YES....
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 19, 2011 3:31 AM PDT

eporter72,

Collapse -
Have not heard anything as of yet
by eporter72 / September 21, 2011 1:50 AM PDT
In reply to: YES....

Hi HD Tech,

Thank you for escalating my issue. I have not heard back from Samsung yet. Have you gotten a response back?

Collapse -
Have not heard anything as of yet
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 25, 2011 7:36 AM PDT

It may be backlogged, and I haven't heard anything yet either.

Collapse -
Same Problem with My DLP
by shaudods / September 25, 2011 12:19 PM PDT

Samsung_HD_Tech,
I have an HLT5676s DLP and have just started getting the same white and black dots issue mentioned above. I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and was told that my model is not included in the "fix one time for free" program, but it is painfully obvious to me that it is the same exact problem as the one showing up in the covered list of models. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated!

Collapse -
Transaction #
by shaudods / September 26, 2011 12:52 AM PDT

Samsung_HD_Tech,

Collapse -
Transaction #
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 26, 2011 6:37 AM PDT

shaudods,

Collapse -
Samsung HDTech Please Help
by Golfguy9 / September 30, 2011 6:24 AM PDT

I've called the 1-800 number, and was transferred to executive. They told me that I needed to escalate the issue. Can you help me?

Collapse -
More info.
by Golfguy9 / September 30, 2011 6:29 AM PDT

Oh, and I should also note that my problem is exactly the same as everyone else's. The TV started with 1 dot, now has hundreds and is dreadful to watch. Please help!

Collapse -
Resolved
by Golfguy9 / September 30, 2011 11:21 AM PDT

I think I have this resolved, will update later. Thanks!

Collapse -
Samsung HDTech Please Help -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 30, 2011 12:21 PM PDT

Golfguy9,

Collapse -
Thank you!!
by eporter72 / September 30, 2011 1:13 AM PDT

Hello Samsung_HD_Tech,

I just wanted thank you for all your help. I used the Facebook support site and got an answer right away and we got our TV fixed today. You have been a tremendous help and I can now continue to recommend Samsung products.

Eric

Collapse -
Thank you!!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 30, 2011 12:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Thank you!!

eporter72,

Collapse -
Resolved
by Golfguy9 / September 30, 2011 1:19 PM PDT
In reply to: Thank you!!

I used the Facebook support page. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for following up.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?