Samsung forum

Praise

Samsung DLP White Dots

Last week a small white dot appeared on the screen of our Samsung DLP tv. Never having seen this before, I got online to see if others had a similar experience, which brought me to this forum. I'm glad I did. When a second dot appeared a couple of days later, I used the information I got from this forum and contacted Samsung.
I spoke to 2 different CSR's because I mistakenly used the wrong serial number the first time I called. Both reps were extremely pleasant and helpful. The lady gave me a transaction number, and after I located the right serial number, I called again. I explained the problem to the gentleman, who then gave me a service order number and said a service technician would call within 24 to 48 hours. I asked if I would have to pay for the call, and he said unfortunately my tv was no longer under warranty, so I would be charged. Bummer! He couldn't tell me how much, so I decided to wait for the call before cancelling the service order. I figured if the amount wasn't too bad it would be better than buying a new tv.
Today, less than 24 hours later, I got a call from the service tech. As soon as I described the problem he said he would be out tomorrow to fix it, at NO CHARGE. I was dumbstruck! I'm not sure what changed since yesterday, maybe my model tv was on "the list", after all. Regardless, I appreciate it. And I also appreciate that the efforts of members of this forum had a lot to do with Samsung doing a good thing for its customers. Kudos!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung DLP White Dots
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung DLP White Dots
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung DLP White Dots

In reply to: Samsung DLP White Dots

redbluffian,

Collapse -
My 61" Samsung DLP with Millions of White dots.

I have the same issues with the white dots . My number rom Samsung is # 4008354189. Any help or direction would truly be appreciated. Thanks Bob

Collapse -
My 61" Samsung DLP with Millions of White dots.

In reply to: My 61" Samsung DLP with Millions of White dots.

Etsbob1,

Collapse -
samsung 42" DLP Model #HL-S2466W

About a couple of months ago I noticed one white dot on my screen in the upper left corner. Currently 2 more appeared. This TV is almost 4 years old and its quite upsetting that this is happening. Could you please guide me the right way to fix this before it gets worse? I read many of these posts today and see that alot of people are having the same issue. This should of been recalled and the faithful customers should of been warned of the imminent problem especially after it seems to happen after the warranty is up. With today's new technology its not even worth the price to fix because you can buy that same size Samsung TV for the same price of the labor and parts a repair guy would charge you. If I am out of warranty and if this is a possible recall item could I have my TV repaired at no cost or have the fee reimbursed?

Collapse -
One more link.

In reply to: samsung 42" DLP Model #HL-S2466W

Collapse -
White Dots on Samsugn HL-T7288W May 2011

I have several friends with similar white dot problem appearing on their Samsung DLP TVs...was told of possible recall? What is the fix...was told the white dots spread. MODEL HLT7288WZX/XAA Serial. No. AJ893CKPA00036M / Version PF02. HELP! I made a custom entertainment center/cabinet to fit this Samsung 72" DLP and now with white dots--very bothersome and was told they would spread.

Collapse -
White Dots on Samsugn HL-T7288W May 2011

In reply to: White Dots on Samsugn HL-T7288W May 2011

josechao,

Try calling into the Samsung customer service center to see if they'll assist you with a repair. If they aren't able to, ask for a transaction number from the call and post it here. I'll be happy to have a manager review the case.

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.