General discussion

Samsung DLP white dots

I got a Samsung DLP HLT5689SX/XAA and begin to have white dots 2 months ago. I called Samsung but they told me my model is not cover in the service recall but have the same problem that many samsung dlp. My DLP is in like new condition with a battery backup to protect from voltages and don't understand how can't be broke in around 2 years.

I called service center with my ticket # 4007541770 and said that the repair with cost like $500-600 with part and labor.
My family will be very greatful if Samsung can review my case.

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung DLP white dots
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung DLP white dots
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung DLP white dots

javh2010,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

I will be happy to request that your case be reviewed. Thanks for posting your number. I'll send that up this morning.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Samsung DLP white dots

javh2010,

I'll be requesting the service team to reach out to you via your email address on file.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Samsung 5689 DLP wthite dots

I still have no received any call or email from the service team in the last 6 months after my ticket # 4007541770 and now the dots increase from like ten to more than 300 now. Also would like to know how much they will charge me for the service check.

Thanks,

- Collapse -
Samsung white dot issue repair.

I'm happy to say that after 6 months of waiting my Samsung DLP got repair of the white dot issue on June 6. Maybe the first email got lost but and happy for the work of the Samsung service technician of my area "Lakes Electronics" in Florida that solve the issue in less than an hour and now my DLP TV now works like new.

Thanks Samsung,
Jorge

- Collapse -
WHTE DOTS ON THE SCREAN

called samsung and tryed get texnical suport, the male that i tolked (Parsha) was absolutly dsrespectful, she did not give me to explane my problem it was in the end of day she could be tied but I spend 3 thousand dolars for my tv asked somebody else and she refused to do so, she said there is nobady that can tolk to me exept her, Samsung had terible terble poor servce, tryed to get some someone who can help me, my tv hlt5676sx has a lots of whte dots and wanted to try to fx by mself so that needed the part name that cast ths whte dots..ths model has a lots of problem and samsung texntng has to know the part that cost ths problem,so any way hoope that they will see ths letter and call me

- Collapse -
Samsung DLP White Dots

I have a Samsung DLP that is 4 years old and has just started the white dot issue. 1 at first, now 3 and I'm sure it will go higher. I talked via chat with a samsung rep who said this particular TV has no trouble reported. Please help me get this escalated.

Model: HS6187
Serial: B19L3CKP300172B
Chat Ticket: LTK56401009691X

- Collapse -
This old post

Is outdated. The system you found here is no more. Please top post your details and to help this outdated post to not collect other replies, it is now closed.

CNET Forums

Forum Info