Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Dlp TV With White dots HLS6187 wx xaa

by Rambo_85 / January 6, 2014 1:36 AM PST

Okay, so looks like im another victim to the "White Dots" My model number is HLS6187wx xaa and sure enough the tech told me that it was not included with the models for free repair I explained to them that the dots were increasing and he again explained that there was nothing she could do.How could some TV's be covered and others not??????? Especially if its all the same issue. I have a Samsung blue ray and surround sound system. The least they could do is supply the faulty DMD. If this was an isolated case where my TV was only having a problem I would be okay, but its so many of US.
Im hoping to contact customer relations to further express my frustration with the White Dot issue that so many of us are having.

Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1117901673668X
Vincent N: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?
Randy: Hello I have a samsung hls6187wx/xaa its getting small white spots all over the screen it started with a couple and grew more each day. now its like 30 and counting. I have heard this is do to a bad DMV chip that is on the DMD board.
Vincent N: I understand that, you are seeing white dots on your TV screen and are increasing in number with time. Am I correct?
Randy: That is correct. It happens on all sources.
Vincent N: Thanks for confirming.
Vincent N: Since when you are facing this issue?
Randy: It started happening about a couple weeks ago with just a few dots.
Vincent N: Do you see these white dots on the Menu pop up, when you press Menu button on the remote control?
Randy: Yes
Vincent N: Since you are facing the same issue on all the sources, it seems your TV needs to be diagnosed by the service technician.
Vincent N: As your product is out of warranty, you need to file a service request. I will provide you with the click, on clicking the link you will be directed to the page where you can file a service request.
Vincent N: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request
Vincent N: Are you able to access the link?
Randy: I have already filed a service request
Vincent N: Once you file a service request, you will be contacted in 2 business days and will be assisted further.
Randy: My last big screen set lasted 15 years without incident.If I was aware of this problem at the time of purchase I would NEVER had purchased this unit.
Vincent N: I apologize for the inconvence.
Vincent N: We have thoroughly checked the information and found that we don't have any reported issues with this product.
Randy: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-518506/white-dots-samsung-dlp-hls6187w/
Vincent N: The information posted on forums can not really be validated, we observe that many similar looking issues are posted as a unique issue, but when checked the actual causes always differ. Samsung does not have control over the content posted on third party web-sites.
Vincent N: Diagnosis by the Service Technician could isolate the issue.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Dlp TV With White dots HLS6187 wx xaa
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Dlp TV With White dots HLS6187 wx xaa
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
At risk of your ire.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2014 1:42 AM PST

There were models with early failures but now most should be in the normal failure rate. This can really upset folk as we look up the Ti documentation and see that this will fail, no ifs ands or buts.

Also, you see this failure on the other makers so it appears to be a part that does wear out.

I know this doesn't help you get a free repair but you can try the top post about service issues and hope. If you want sources and videos about changing it, I have those but I find some get upset and don't want to know about this part. They just want it free.
Bob

Collapse -
So Its a lose lose?
by Rambo_85 / January 6, 2014 2:42 AM PST
In reply to: At risk of your ire.

I could probably fix it myself with as many Youtube videos about it. Do you have any advice on were to find The Parts I need.... Because I'm not going to pay Extra for labor. And if its going to wear out again How much since would it make to Try and fix it?

Collapse -
Not lost yet.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2014 6:50 AM PST
In reply to: So Its a lose lose?

Try the top post about service issues. Some get a part only or a labor only offer which isn't a bad offer (in my opinion.) The repair is "the part" and the labor and of course the trip charge. This can add up.

I'm an electronics engineer so folk like me look to youtube for videos on how to replace and then shop for the part at samsungparts.com or shopjimmy com.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!