TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Samsung DLP Pedestal vs. tabletop

Am I correct that the pedastal series of Samsungs
have a much better HD chip then the table top?

From what I was told, the pedestals have the HD4 chip and the tabletops have the HD2+ chip. ( "sound advice" guy said they got rid of the HD3 b/c of problems w/ the HLP tabletop series.

I am under the impression that the pedestals TVs are much better than the tabel top. is that correct?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung DLP Pedestal vs. tabletop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung DLP Pedestal vs. tabletop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
re

In reply to: Samsung DLP Pedestal vs. tabletop

actually the tabletops have still have the HD3 chip in them but do have a newer light engine than the previous models and now have a 2000:1 contrast ratio.
The pedestal has the HD2+ chip with a 2500:1 contrast ratio. The HD2+ is a much faster switching chip than the HD3 and also the pedestal has a vertically mounted light processor which seems to help a little as well.

The newest 56" pedestal will have an Xhd3 chip which should be very nice. At .85"s its larger with more mirrors. Is 1080P, has a 5000:1 contrast thats def the model to go with

Collapse -
different info

In reply to: re

I'll try and find the link a little later (it was in another forum regarding these TVs). But, they claimed to have all the specs for the new samsung HLRs.

According to them, there will be 3 or 4 tabletop models that are 1080i.
They claim it will have a new chip they called XHD4.

These would be the xx88, 68 and 78 models. For sure in 56", maybe in 50".

the xx67 models would be HD4 with 720.

and the 87 and 77 models would have the HD2+ with 720.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.