Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

Question

Samsung DLP HDMI connection not working

by mfrancis718 / October 13, 2011 12:14 PM PDT

Was watching TV and all of a sudden, no picture, blue screen and box that says "No Signal or Weak Signal". Still had sound because I use an optical cord to my amplifier. After trouble shooting my other devices, none of them worked in the HDMI cable connection (PS3 and blue ray player). I was able to view the blue ray player's welcome screen to come on the TV for about 5 seconds then it goes back to the blue screen. It does this each time I turn on and off the blue ray player. I also noticed, when there is a HDMI cable connected to the TV, the box reads "No Signal or Weak signal", when I remove the cable it reads, "Check Connection". Seems like the TV knows there is a cable connected but It seems to me there is an issue with the internal components of the HDMI connection. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung DLP HDMI connection not working
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 14, 2011 7:39 AM PDT

mfrancis718,

Collapse -
by mfrancis718 / October 16, 2011 11:03 AM PDT

Yep, the blue ray player was originally connected to the TV via a component cable but wanted to see if the issue was with my cable box. When I connected any of the devices to the HDMI connection on the TV, none of them showed up on the TV. Like I mentioned before, the blue ray player could be viewed for a few seconds but then went to the blue screen.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!