Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung DLNA PC Share for MAC OS??

by ahr19 / January 24, 2009 7:09 AM PST

Hello. When will I able to connect my MAC laptop to my Samsung LN52A750 television I just received today? The software is Windows based. When will a MAC OS be released?

Is there a workaround to this issue?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung DLNA PC Share for MAC OS??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung DLNA PC Share for MAC OS??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
PC
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 24, 2009 10:30 AM PST

I'm not sure about the compatibility.

I'll have an answer on Monday.

--HDTech

Collapse -
SAMSUNG DLNA for Mac
by alain floutier / August 18, 2009 5:58 PM PDT
In reply to: PC

Hello
I intended to buy a SAMSUNG B7000 led TV, attracted by the DLNA connection.
However, I am on Mac and discover this doesn't work, or did not work at the time of your answer in january.
What is the status of the DLNA version for MAC in August 2009?
Please SAMSUNG experts, let us know.
Is this available in France?
Thanks for your answer

Collapse -
DLNA on Mac links
by lales27 / August 19, 2009 12:34 AM PDT
In reply to: SAMSUNG DLNA for Mac

Here's a link that has been of help to. As I've posted previously, it's not so much that DLNA isn't Mac ready, so much as it seems to be a work in progress on other platforms as well. At least as it relates to Samsung. I can't comment on other manufacturers:

http://hdtvlcdplasma.net/products/samsung-ln52b750-for-mini-home-theater.php
http://www.thohensee.com/?page_id=106

The first link is specific to the LN52B750, but has some great info about integrated the Mac with the Samsung. After a month of dealing with the issues of DLNA (and not just on a Mac, and not just on Samsung), I'm leaning to the same Mac Mini alternative that's discussed here.

Collapse -
No official support but...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 26, 2009 5:26 AM PST
Collapse -
No official support but... soon?
by magman84 / April 17, 2009 8:34 AM PDT

Do you may be getting support for Mac soon?

Collapse -
Samsung DLNA software for macintosh
by moof66 / July 11, 2009 9:57 AM PDT

Just bought the LED 8000 series LCD TV, partly because of its internet and computer connectivity. Now find it won't work with Apple macintosh. Could Samsung please release software for the Mac or come and collect this piece of junk from my living room....

Collapse -
2 Mac Media Servers
by gustavoas / November 7, 2009 12:10 AM PST

I found two solutions to stream to our Samsung from a Mac: the PS3 Media Server and Serviio. The PS3MS works fine with transcoding but there are still some bugs to be fixed (movies suddenly stops after a few minutes and no thumbnail is generated for movies). Serviio I tried for the first time today: it's very good in the sense that it catalogs your movies and TV shows and search for a thumbnail from the internet (together with real name from a database), but unfortunatelly there's no transcode so I'm basically able to play only mpeg2 files (although LN52A850 was supposed to play xvid files it doesn't, even through USB).

Collapse -
Samsung TV DLNA Mac Solution
by paullburgess / July 16, 2010 1:28 PM PDT
In reply to: 2 Mac Media Servers

After purchasing a new Samsung Series 8 TV mainly because it had DLNA I then spent around a month trying many different DLNA servers on my Mac mini. Pretty much all of them including Eye Connect, PS3 Media Server, Twonky etc all suffered the same issues, TV could see the Mac however movies were either reporting unsupported format or the movie would play but only for a few minutes. Needless to say this was extremely frustrating.

Solution: Use Vuze. It has a DLNA plugin. The interface is a little clunky but it is free and it works. Occasionally I hit a problem playing a movie but this is generally due to the audio codec embedded in the mkv container not being supported by the TV. I now stream 8-9GB HD (1080) movies via a cabled network to the TV without issue. Currently using Vuze 4.4.0.4.

Hope this helps

Collapse -
Mac and DLNA
by fduvall / March 28, 2010 6:17 AM PDT

I have been using AppleTV for my main Mac network and running a PC with the Samsung software. A eral PITA, but at least I can get content from all of my hard drives. I wish I could consolidate on Mac only. But AppleTV (oob) is limited to 780p...so not optimal.

Collapse -
TVMobili is fully compatible.
by harrydeo / August 16, 2010 9:42 PM PDT

TVMobili is fully compatible with Samsung TVs. It supports everything including 1080p mkv streaming with dts ouput

Collapse -
After 18 months
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 16, 2010 9:43 PM PDT

this thread is attracting spam.

Locking to prevent more.

Mark

Collapse -
Just an additional note about locking threads.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 17, 2010 5:39 AM PDT
In reply to: After 18 months

In reply to an email I received about locking this post and deleting a post.

These forums are here to help people with their technical problems, whether they be computer, TV, Car Tech, and so on. Specific questions are asked, and the members here do their best to resolve the issues.

At some stage discussions end for the user who posted the problem, (the OP or Original Poster). It is hoped that the problem has been solved and in the majority of cases this is so, but inevitably some issues remain unsolved in these forums.

When that period has been reached there is little purpose in further posts, in particular those that offer help or solutions. That period is difficult to define, but in this case this discussion is now over 18 months old. Further posts for the OP are no longer required.

It is often said that such further posts may help others who may be searching the internet for solutions. While that may be true, these forums do not exist for SEO or Search Engine Optimisation of 'possible' solutions, or comments, or personal views. These discussions are created by users who are seeking solutions to their own problems. Others may intervene during the life of the ongoing discussion with help or with their own problems, but at some stage time must be called.

These older open discussions also become a magnet for spam, posters whose sole purpose is to promote their products and increase their search engine ratings.

The Moderators here work very hard to keep these forums free of advertising, promotions, and scam posts, amongst other things, and as a result these forums are remarkably clean of such things compared to some of the other public forums.

Some of our decisions may seem harsh, and while this is regretted, we will continue our work to keep these forums and discussions clean of spam and unnecessary posts.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?