Samsung forum

Rant

samsung customer support

by milizac / March 22, 2015 1:40 AM PDT

This is gross misrepresentation! There is no customer support, five times last night I tried to email, and every time I filled in all the boxes, explained my problem and had pressed submit it through me out! Much to my fustration! Come on samsung get it sorted!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung customer support
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung customer support
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you try the other contact methods?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 22, 2015 1:52 AM PDT
Collapse -
samsung customer support
by milizac / March 22, 2015 7:06 AM PDT

I will try the facebook aproach, and let you know, however i did try several diffrent sites but for they all seam
to direct me to the same place for product support.

Collapse -
The Android problem.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 22, 2015 7:23 AM PDT

Is one that really can rile folk up. Samsung is like Dell at this point (neither write the OS.) If you have an OS issue, Samsung might be left with no recourse but to try a full reset or other repair.
Bob

Collapse -
android problem
by milizac / March 24, 2015 4:38 AM PDT
In reply to: The Android problem.

Do you think that if I get the New os of 4.4.4 that it might solve the problem? Only problem is I dont know when or, if,
I will get an upgrade!

Collapse -
Why not try it?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 24, 2015 4:49 AM PDT
In reply to: android problem

At this point you have to decide to stick with Samsung issued versions or break ranks and see if XDA Developers have options. Android is not perfected yet and that can really rankle the loyal.

I'm seeing a lot of folk want OS issue support from an Android tablet maker. Again, this is just like your common Windows running machine makers. Dell can't fix a Microsoft issue. If it did threaten the existence of the Dell company then they might get in gear but for now the answers are to reset and reload. Not much has changed on the road from Windows to Android in this respect.
Bob

Collapse -
PS. Sorry but the problem presented at the top? No.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 24, 2015 4:51 AM PDT

Changing the tablet OS should not fix a web form issue. I re-read this thread and can't see what issue you are trying to solve. The office I work at writes Android apps so I know a little too much and maybe not enough but I don't mind trying.
Bob

Collapse -
android problem
by milizac / March 24, 2015 7:20 AM PDT

Ok, so when I bought my tablet there was no problem. Every time I switched in on it would automatically link up with the home WiFi. Then I was upgraded to android 4.4.2 and since then every time I switch it on I have manually retype in the wifi password. I have checked all the settings and nothing has changed except for the upgrade to 4.4.2 - any ideals?

Collapse -
For that one
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 24, 2015 7:31 AM PDT

Remember that's one of those issues you see a lot. I remove all the old wifi connections (Hold down on the connection till it pops up "Forget network") and then set it up again.
Bob

Collapse -
tried that
by milizac / March 24, 2015 8:25 AM PDT
In reply to: For that one

Yes already tried that , however even when you press forget network it never really goes it just shows up as secured(wps available)do I need to get rid of it completely if so how?

Collapse -
It will only go away
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 24, 2015 8:33 AM PDT
In reply to: tried that

When you forget and are out of range. That list behavior is hard coded like that. To get rid of it entirely you have to turn off that hotspot.

Remember this is Android. Some hotspots will do this. I don't remember what rules there are but if you have mixed mode WiFi like WPA/WPA2 you see this happen. Again, not a Samsung thing.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?