HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Rant

Samsung compliant reference 8445240325

by rajesh_sankunni / August 21, 2014 8:40 PM PDT

Respected Sir,

My name is Rajesh Sankunni, from Mumbai, India.

This is with reference to complaint registered, ref number 8445240325, with escalation team of Samsung service center. I had purchased a Samsung Galaxy note II (GT-N7100 ) from Authorized Samsung dealer, Bill number 8954, on 9th Aug 2014. After 7-8 days of use, I observed that the phone is carrying manufacturing defect. The below are my observation :

1) The front upper portion of LCD panel is not getting closed/properly set within the box properly. This is observed only when viewed from top side of phone.
2) Minute pink dots appearing in LCD panel ( visible well only with white screen background ).

On morning of 21st August,2014, I had called up the Samsung customer care for help, and the executive took my phone on remote. After checking my phone via remotely, the executive asked me to restart my phone on Safe mode and check whether the 2nd issue mentioned above ( display of pink dots ) is getting resolved. But unfortunately pink spots were still visible and as per Call center Executive's advice, carried my phone to Samsung service center ( address - Shop No 201 & 206, Ajanta Square Mall, Near Borivali Court, Market Lane, Borivali West, Mumbai - 400092 ) on same day.

I was appointed with one executive naming Mr. Altaf.
After explaining my issues, the executive decided to open the phone. He opened the Phone panel in front of me. Post verifying he assured me that the phone Doesn't have any physical damage, and conveyed it looked like a manufacturing defect. But simultaneously, to my shocking, he added that I won't be eligible for replacement as I have approached them on 10th day, and not within 7th day from date of purchase. My point, this is nowhere mentioned in the warranty card that a provided with. Even if business days are to be considered, excluding holidays we had in between, 21st Aug 2014, is 7th business day.

When I asked about warranty, the executive replied that LCD screen does not come under warranty. And this too is nowhere mentioned in the warranty card. From the service center, Immediately I dialed the Samsung call center. After briefing the call center executive, he passed the phone to escalation department, Where I spoke with Mr. Prakash from Samsung escalation team.
Mr. Prakash spoke with me and then with the service center executive Mr. Altaf, and understood the ground laying issue. Mr. Prakash then instead me to handover phone over to Service center floor Manager, Ms. Dipti. Post speaking with Service center Manager Ms. Dipti, he asked me to surrender my phone with service center; and more generous enough to arrange a stand-by phone. He conveyed me that approval from Area manger is required incase of replacement and so, parking ticket for the same.

Now, today I called up the Samsung customer care, and spoke with one Lady ( Don't remember her name out of tension) from escalation department. After briefing her with latest updates from where Mr. Prakash had left, I was conference with Ms. Dipti ( Service center Manager ). Over phone, Ms. Dipti, categorically classified this defect as FACTORY/MANUFACTURING DAMAGE AND NOT A PHYSICAL DAMAGE and confirmed that the my phone is looking brand new, and doesn't even carry a minute scratch/spot. All these discussion are duly updated in complaint number 8445240325 registered with Samsung by Escalation manager. I even have recorded conversation of the same.

Couple of minutes before I got a call from one Ms. Sweta from PO Office that prompted me to raise this issue over here. She began her conversation by forcing me upon Samsung company policies regarding warranty incase of any physical damage happening to handset. This is clear cut case of FACTORY DEFECT, and no question of physical damage from my end; And so, I retorted to her with latest updates from MS. Dipti confirming this as MANUFACTURING DEFECT and asked her to refer latest updates in complaint number 8445240325. Again Ms. Dipti ( Service center Manager ) was taken into conference. Post brief discussion, Ms. Sweta told me, been a exceptional case, that this issue would be tracked separately and requested for 2 days time.

Am seriously concerned of deliberate attempts to tag this case as Physical damage ( my handset been disposed at Samsung Service center ), and get it closed. I want someone who can address from top management team and together drive this issue to closure amicably. Am a Samsung product loyalist, and already own a Samsung 10.2 Tab, and don't want my impression to fade away just because of this issue.
Please do help. I can be reached at 08879773623 .

Regards,
Rajesh Sankunni

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung compliant reference 8445240325
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung compliant reference 8445240325
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.