General discussion

Samsung Complaint !!!!!

I want to vent my Samsung experience because I am too frustrated with a Samsung product and their customer service. I purchase a reasonable expensive (over $1,000) flat top electric stove because I thought it would be better then the generic GE products and I liked all the bells and whistle the stove had. I got it delivered to my house and the installer just turned it on to show that the stove worked or so I thought. Since I had never used an flat top before, I didn't know how long the hot surface like was suppose to stay on. After 2 hours, I realized something had to be wrong. I called Samsung Customer Service to report the defect two days after my stove was delivered (my big mistake). I should have called Best Buy and asked them to replace it. Samsung Customer Service were nice in providing me with a local service company and the company did contact me a few days later. The tech showed up to my house on our scheduled date at 5:30 when he was suppose to be at my house between 8 - noon. The tech took apart the stove top section and pull out every wired that the connected to all five burners before he told that he had to replace the burner. He was so rough pulling out the wiring that I felt he devirginized my stove since I hadn't even used it. I called Samsung and complain that I should get a replace since I had just purchased within 14 days. They transfer me to the Executive Relations department (no public relation) for further assistant to replacing my stove. They gave me a transaction number and tried to resolve the problems several time. Each time I call for status, I get a new answer why my request wasn't approve or what additional information I was missing. Two and a half months later, I have been rejected 2 times for a replacement, waiting for a 3rd and wondering what excuses now as to why they won't replace it since I provide them with everything except my DNA that I purchase the product. I am now on a Samsung products protest and ready to ebay my stove off and cut my loss and just buy a new stove from another manufacturer even GE at this point.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung Complaint !!!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Complaint !!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung Complaint !!!!!

sirmugen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

What is your transaction number? I'll see if I can assist. I am not a part of the service department, so I can't guarantee anything, but I'd like to see if I can help.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
samsung sucks

I am having a similar problem i sent in my monitor for repair over a month ago and still have not got it back i have contacted Samsung million times i just get transferred or told to wait for a call i am so frustrated that i about to contact a lawyer and better business bureau

- Collapse -
Faulty samsung galaxy note 8

I have similar issue with samsung after buying 64000 of handset (galaxy note Cool I am getting half a day battery backup and handset is over heating. ContactEd service centre thrice no solution. My handset is with service center for the last one with no solution
Soni

- Collapse -
poor service

my or no-4260100640
purchase date-08.05.2018
model no-RR20N182YR8/HL

- Collapse -
Transaction Number

I do not see a transaction numbe.

- Collapse -
SAMSUNG SUCKS

I purchased 4 Samsung appliances all at once and from day one I had nothing but problems. I took the day off from work on the 23rd of July and I was waiting on when I called the home delivery team they said they kicked me off the list since they were overbooked and no one ever called me they set me up for the 26th of that same week another day off they arrived and the last item off the truck was my fridge and the delivery guy came to get me to say it was damaged and I had no fridge at all since I just closed on my house I asked for the damaged one until the new one arrived they refused. I had to wait till the 31st of July another day off to get my new fridge eating out since the 23rd of July till the 31st of July for a family of 4 very expensive. Then when I went out to the grocery store I returned to see condensation all on the right side of my fridge and a small puddle of water on the control panel I immediately called the very next day since it was later in the evening. I asked for a service call and they said no it was the home delivery's fault since they did not level the fridge correctly I took another day off from work they came out to my house since they do not call you until the night before with a time frame. They came out in the a.m. and said nope that is not the problem the fridge is leveled called back again and advised of what I was told then I asked for some assistance they said that the energy button was on and it should not be and that was the reason for the condensation it was never lit up, to begin with then I asked for a repairman to come out finally after calling daily to Samsung Home Depot and the warranty department they came out a few weeks later another day off they repairman said that it was working fine it was environmental issue . WHAT! who says that in today's day in age with our technology I could not believe what I was hearing and he even wrote it on the work order that I have at my house. The condensation was forming daily and I had to wipe it continuously and when I would pull out the middle drawer the water would run down the front of the fridge to the floor. EVERYDAY! I work full time and I do not have the time for this other job I now have on a brand new fridge! Calling daily and not one person would help me all I heard was I am sorry and sorry does not fix my problem. I asked for another repairman to come out to my house I finally got another repairman out two weeks later know I am into the end of August and I took another day off and they did not show I called up and they said they repair shop read over the notes and the fridge is working properly. My husband and I went to a store where they had my fridge in demo mode and when we opened the door there were lights on the side that were supposed to be lighting up when the door opens and that was not happening with mine and I was advised there is a heater in the door. My husband went home and noticed on the top of the fridge once he took off the cover that from the manufacturer Samsun the wires were never hooked up from the factory. I asked for a different repair shop called and made another appointment another day off and they came out and said that I needed a new door they ordered it. It arrived another day off and when the repairman came out from the 2nd repair shop they shipped them the wrong door they reordered the correct door and it came in the following week and finally on the 22nd of September the fridge was finally fixed and all my time and aggravation all my money spent on over a week eating out I should have been compensated and Samsung said sorry we can not do anything for you. I CAN"T BELIEVE IT again. I even emailed the CEO of Samsung and nothing

- Collapse -
Samsung Sucks

I noticed your post was in 2017. Its 2019 and they still suck. Everything in my whole house is nothing but Samsung. Dishwasher has failed 8 times. I finally had to fix it myself to get it to work. The fridge doesn't make any ice and neither does anyone elses as ive read. The washer we had was a total disaster that shook and walked across the floor. Multiple times fixing it until we finally hauled that piece of crap to the scrap yard. Nothing we have in our house that is Samsung works!

- Collapse -
Samsung sucks.

I noticed your post was in 2017. Its 2019 and they still suck. Everything in my whole house is nothing but Samsung. Dishwasher has failed 8 times. I finally had to fix it myself to get it to work. The fridge doesn't make any ice and neither does anyone elses as ive read. The washer we had was a total disaster that shook and walked across the floor. Multiple times fixing it until we finally hauled that piece of crap to the scrap yard. Nothing we have in our house that is Samsung works!

- Collapse -
Samsung I will never buy again..

Buyers Beware!

We purchased our appliances from Future shop around Nov 20.2011. So just over two months ago. Well we purchased an induction stove (Samsung) which we thought was a great idea with small children. The other great decision we made was to purchase our appliances from a big box outlet thinking we are covered if any warranty issues. Well think again if you do not purchase the extended warranty which is another cost above the price they give you than you are on your own. Let me tell you about on your own. Now we have issues with our stove. Induction works by transferring heat to either a pot or pan by magnetic heat transfer. (Sounds strange but really works great when it works) So we are having problems with the burner sensors I assume and the main panel (Touch screen sensors). I have called Samsung directly to address my concerns as per what the warranty is requiring. They have put me on to a service tech in Edmonton who called once about 3 weeks ago to ask the same questions Samsung asked and should maybe been redirected. The service tech said they would need to speak to someone at their office and never heard back since.. Then I call back Samsung to only be put on hold for well over 25 mins finally give up and call the next day to speak with a guy who seems to get we are having problems and will address it with his manager and gives me the phone number to the tech out of Edmonton. Which turns out to be a fax number when I call?So I decide to wait for another couples days rather than being put on hold for 25 more minutes? So now a few more days pass and I decide to call Samsung again to speak to a lady who stress the exact same concerns the last Samsung worker did. This time I ask is there any record of me speaking to the last Samsung worker she says no..So I ask how do I know if anything is going to get done? She answers you have to trust me?ok like the last guy I spoke to at Samsung.. (I guess you can see where this is going? nowhere fast)

I have a few concerns the stove burners only work with a certain dia pan or pot so if it does not work we are half way through cooking and everything goes cold. If I didn't have children waiting for Dinner this might not be a big concern right now. The other concern is they are now telling me they have to send a tech out well when ever that happens the tech will have to order parts and then we wait and wait and then they get installed maybe. Who knows how long this could get dragged out. I guess my question is why should a person who bought an item like this and have issues not even two months in have to deal with so much headaches. It's not like I'm trying to get a new stove,, it is already new minus the problems. It's not like I don't own more Samsung products and have been a good client..or this is a small company that cannot afford to completely replace the stove to keep me happy and buying Samsung products.

This is not the only Samsung product I own but will be the last I ever buy!!

- Collapse -
Samsung I will never buy again..

SPAM

if you want us to read your complaint try some paragraphs. It's a lot easier on the eyes.

Hows that time travel machine working out for you?

- Collapse -
sunlaker

Thanks for the tip..more paragraphs,,I guess when a person vents they forget about the little things.. The stove is ok when everything works..I've heard this tech. Has been around for ever. I guess that's why I bought it. It is a great idea if you have kids but really wish I could get this thing working proper..I really feel Samsung is letting me down and I own lots of samsung products but feel this is the last..

- Collapse -
NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT

I agree, I will never buy another samsung product ever again. Learned my lesson. Bought a brand new dishwasher not even a month old, there is water leakage, samsung service department comes to repair the dishwasher, the issue being the drain hose which the tech says it was brittle cause it's been in the warehouse for so long, and so he uninstalls the dishwasher repairs drain hose, and then refuses to reinstall the dishwasher cause it's not his job. How unbelievable is that. So I now have to wait for my contractor that is away for two weeks, and Samsung leaves me with an inoperable dishwasher, because their warranty does not cover re installation, how incredibly ridiculous is that. To leave a customer with an inoperable dishwasher after it's their product that was not working. To add insult to injury, I spent a whole day talking to Samsung service and their dispute between Samsung and their Williston park service contract, being disconnected and being put on hold for hours at a time, and then finally being escalated to their executive department only to be told that their warranty does not cover reinstallation, unbelievable. NEVER WILL I EVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT .AGAIN.

- Collapse -
samsung is horrible

I purchased 4 applicances, microwave, stove, fridge, and dishwasher, the dishwasher after 3 years spring a leak and they wanted 300.00 to fix it. the fridge ice machine broke down, the stove burners stopped working and all these are only 3 years old. I wrote to better business b. because they have not right to sell samsung appliances that dont work after 3 years...but i see worse complaints than mine.

- Collapse -
ADD ME to NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG list

Sorry to see all the problems Samsung products and their owner have . i too should have done my due diligence before buying my QLED 65" TV .... But I'm going to start sharing my story as in as many places as possible to see if that helps in getting service from Samsung .
So here goes ....
Bought a QLED 65" TV while I lived in the USA , in Brazil where I was planning to move . Seemed better to buy it here in Brazil because of the different signals used for TV here and the "so called Warranty" ... TV's these sizes are ~ double the price as in the States (Think $4,500 worth of Samsung TV). It was delivered in December of 2017 ... all was good and it worked . My Step son checked it out ...Fast forward February 2018 ,,, I move to Brazil ,,,, My TV waits for me ...Works perfectly .... for a while ...Say about a month . It starts shutting off and turning on by itself . Still works and goes back to normal functioning most of the time ...
Then about 1 1/2 weeks ago ,it starts making popping sounds(which is supposed to be normal) but then the picture turns to a dark blue an then to black , Sound is present but No Picture what so ever .Turn off and on while all these other thing happen ... Nice TV ,,,I've used for 3 months now .
Since I live in Brazil and do not speak much Portuguese I have my Step-son and Wife help me in contacting Samsung service dept. Concierge Service it's called .... Well I'm not so sure about that . Once I got through (my wife) we were told a tech would be coming out to check the TV the next day ...Great and thank you very much I replied .
Next Day ....Waited all day at home ...No Technician shows up ..Next Morning we called Samsung again .... Took half a day on the phone to get nothing from them ...NOTHING ...Not even a "we'll call you back to set up an appointment to see the TV at your home .... This is Concierge service ?
Now we (my Wife has called the store who sold us the TV) waiting to hear back from them as to them getting service or a replacement TV(I took and sent a video of the problem ,and which I'm going to start posting Video's on line showing what Samsung sells to let people to beware) ...

IMO , A $4,500 TV/Paper Weight (is what I have) after 3 months of use is beyond ,,not acceptable .... It's stealing ... Not being rich , and living on SS Disibility , this was a once in a life time purchase/dream TV for me .... At least I have a big paper weight ,,,Right ????
All I can say now Is I am now going to keep posting anyplace i can v and hope it's makes a point to Samsung Cooperate . They are responsible or should be made to be and back up their products with the service warranty they advertise
Samsung ... Never again ..... I will tell any and all I can,,,, Never , Never Purchase any product your company makes . THE WORST

- Collapse -
I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANY SAMSUNG

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANY SAMSUNG products again in my life and will do all possible to prevent anyone I know - or even don't know ( through blogs, etc) from never buying a Samsung product. How is it that foreign manufactures come here and inflict this on American consumers and nobody does ANYTHING about it. If you want reliable household appliances STAY FAR AWAY from Samsung.

We bought a refrigerator in April 2012 and it stopped working in October 2012. We used the warranty service and Samsung Tech (NISI) telling us is Defect Air Compressor and need to get replace. But NISI have to order the replacement Air Compressor it take about a week. We can't wait that long so we call BestBuy and they get the replacement unit replace within 3 day. We already lost $800 worth of food. In December 1, 2012 we noticed the refrigerator running with loud noise and water leaking out from the ice-maker tray and freezer display 80 degree, and cooler display 38 degree. So we call Samsung request for service since we still under warranty, it take 2 day for NISI called and we request for afternoon appointment; they flat-out told us that they don't do afternoon service and schedule us for Dec 8th which a week without refrigerator and all we lost all the food for second time since we buy the Samsung Refrigerator. Samsung stated they have no control over the service company and that is garbage. Any company you use is a reflection on you! So incredibly disappointed and feel like we've been taken advantage of with this warranty service. We want Samsung to replace our Refrigerator.Peoples beware! Don't buy any Samsung Products! 26 cu. ft. French Door RefrigeratorModel #: RF267AERS/XAASerial #: 21830NISI Service Ticket : 4117170921

- Collapse -
Boycott Samsung!!!

I have a similar problem with Samsung. I recently bought a Samsung galaxy on5 cellphone earlier this year, only a few months ago. Since I bought it, this piece of trash has had issues connecting to my bluetooth speaker, receiving calls sometimes, and connecting to 4g data. So i took it to thw T-Mobile store to have a look. They changed the

- Collapse -
Boycott Samsung!!!

I have a similar problem with Samsung. I recently bought a Samsung galaxy on5 cellphone earlier this year, only a few months ago. Since I bought it, this piece of trash has had issues connecting to my bluetooth speaker, receiving calls sometimes, and connecting to 4g data. So i took it to the T-Mobile store to have a look. They changed the SIM card and it still had data issues. They told me to try factory resetting it, so later, I did, and it still had problems with it (the data would go from 4g to E randomly, and E is pretty much useless because it's so slow) so by now I well understood this was a hardware deffect, specifically the antenna. T-Mobile said Samsung gives you a warranty for product deffects, so I thought since they sold me a **** ******* phone, they would fix it for me free of charge, right? A 60 dollar phone, right? No. I went to best buy, they told me to call Samsung to fix the antenna and I went home and called them. The guy said it would cost me $182 to send it and fix the hardware, which is entirely their fault. I called them again to complain that they had a warranty for product deffects and that they said they would fix it for free if it wasn't working right, and he still said it would cost 182 dollars i didn't have. My mom explained to them that that is more than what the phone initially costs and that it's pointless to repair instead of just buying a new one. They said they could lower it to $90! Wow! Still paying more money than what the phone was initially worth in order to fix a problem that they caused! At this point we were furious and told them we wanted to speak to their supervisor or someone of higher authority. He told us we can talk to tech support! Which was going to just tell us the same thing! He didn't want us to talk to anyone of authority in the company because they want to steal the money we don't have for their **** products, so we told them we are never ever going to buy a samsung product ever again for the way their treat their customers! We need to alert everyone of how greedy Samsung is and how they treat customers. They are a multi million dollar company! They could easily give me 10 Samsung galaxy 8 phones and not even notice any economical loss to their business. They are so ******* greedy.

- Collapse -
Please don't bury your post.

The 4G issue is all about how far to your carrier towers. Samsung does not run your carrier's business.

- Collapse -
Samsung Phone: ENDLESS PROBLEMS!!!!!

Complaint re Samsung phone & Samsung non-’helpline’ person Thelma:

I have obtained no assistance for the simple task I need to do: i.e. send a photo to a mobile or email. It does not send.

Then: I try to share the photo via ‘messages’: it does not send, just scrolls endlessly for hours.

Then: I try to transfer it to my PC to email the photo from there:
When I pug in my Samsung J3 to my MacBook air the PC does not recognize the phone is there.
Endless, endless troubleshooting does not fix it.
Why, in this day of reasonable technological advancement, is that so totally impossible??????

The phone says ‘unlock your phone so the computer can read content’.
Obviously, the phone is already unlocked / usual access to make a phone call with the usual pin or obviously I would not be able to see that notice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then: I spend hours on the internet trying to find what else I need to ‘unlock’ on the phone.

Then: I spend vast time with Samsung “help” line Thelma: I find a person who does not speak at all intelligibly:
She keeps telling me to put in my usual pin number, which I do (& have already been doing), which unsurprisingly does nothing whatever.

After vast amounts of exceeding frustrating and futile time wasting with Thelma, going in endless circles, I have got absolutely nowhere.

Worse yet: As Thelma has no solution she tries to handball me to my provider. When I contacted my provider Telstra, unsurprisingly they find that the Samsung device issue and how it was or was not turned on or off, locked or otherwise, was nothing to do with them; they know nothing of Samsung technology.

I have had endless, constant problems with this phone since I got it. I have been in to the retailer endlessly on innumerable different issues, they have endlessly tried to help, but quite politely advise me that it is really Samsung who need to resolve it. (...and good luck with that!)

Previously I had an iPhone for years! No problems at all! Ever!
And I thought all phones just worked! How wrong!!!!!
Due to circumstances, I needed to update my phone in a hurry, and went for the slightly cheaper Samsung instead of an iPhone.
BIG MISTAKE!

iPhones cost slightly more, but, hey! they work…….You do not then get to spend your life in hair ripping thwarted non-function, futile chunks of your life trying to get assistance, or trying to get something to work.

Everyone will be hearing about my Samsung experience.
Your ‘help line’ person Thelma was no help.

Your phone does not work.

Sincerely, Tigerlilly2

- Collapse -
Just a thing to know.

To get a lot of the Android phones to connect to PCs we have to install a driver and maybe an app. You are right that support is pretty bad on all Android phone makers because you are asking them to do PC or Windows support.

For Apple hardware you install iTunes and that gets the drivers and app for the iPhone so that's easy on folk. Android? More work that owners didn't expect.

Nod to the CNET Phone forum and XDA Developer forum too if you want to discuss drivers and apps. But what I'm encountering are folk that don't want to work this area. They expect the phone maker to work out the PC issues which is not going to happen.

- Collapse -
Samsung washer is an expensive lemon!

So disappointed and upset over washer/dryer set purchased at Lowes about 18 months ago- I have only had 2 washer/dryer sets over the past 50 years doing laundry for a family of 8 for much of that time! And even when I sold each set they each still worked after small repairs! In 2014 I purchased a Samsung set - they worked fairly well for about 8 months - the washer is a piece of junk! Spend time constantly babying the machine, readjusting loads every few minutes to get it to spin. Cycles don't always complete - had to have the 4 rods relaced that evidently hold tub in place and enable it to spin. The rods we have been told will need to be replaced every year - they completely wear out after 1 year! Extremely poor design! Bleach dispensor can't be used so if I want to use bleach I have to wait till water has filled machine, pause the load and pour it directly in to water - it has rusted out all around the edges of dispensor and if you use it it retains Bleach so bleach is spit out through following loads of laundry! This leaves big old bleach spots on your next load which may be your permanent press clothes! The machine is so loud it sounds like a pending train wreck no matter how many times you redistribute load or how big or small your load is - a horrific nightmare! I would be better off with an old ringer washer!! Shame on Samsung - Shame on Engineers that obviously either don't care or are incompetent ion their field! And yet Samsung is one of the most expensive sets you can buy - didn't know I'd have to pay over and over for it in repairs! I was so excited to replace my 15 year old set with something new and quality! I am stuck now till I can save up for a new set. I researched before I bought and saw nothing but positive reviews before I bought - people who wrote those either don't use the machines or had only had them less than 6 months or they were reviews planted by Samsung! Oh I must add - the stupid song that plays to signal your load is done is the ONLY thing on the machine that works! WARNING TO CONSUMERS - STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG AT ALL COST!!!

- Collapse -
Samsung washer /dryers and their service is the worst !

I too purchased a Samsung high end washer and dryer in Jan of 2016 from Lowes. In just under one year the stainless drum cracked which causes a terrible thud when trying to use it. I have gone thru all the process of sending in (by email) all the proof of purchase and photos etc. and I still keep getting the run around. They cannot provide me a service tech to come fix it even though when it broke it was under warranty. Apparently they have no service techs close enough to me. They have told me they will refund me but that they need more time to make a final decision on this. I am very frustrated and the longer this goes on the more time and money I am wasting having to go to laundry mats because of their poor customer service and poor quality product. I am so sorry I bought a Samsung washer dryer set and I will never do it again and I hope others have a chance to read this before they make a similar mistake.

- Collapse -
Samsung Appliances should just be named "FRAUD COMPANY"

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you when I received a defective Samsung Dryer model DVE45R6100C. It has never worked since the day it arrived to my home. First I was told that my 220V connection was bad and that I needed an electrician. I paid $150 trip charge to have an electrician come out and test the connection which was fine. Then Samsung sent me a technician to take a look at the dryer because none of the buttons on the panel worked. Technician #1, stated it was a defective panel but that Samsung had no replacement part for it yet. Technician #2, stated the same thing and called Samsung to tell them that no part number was available for the panel which means they cannot order a replacement. Samsung sent ANOTHER TECHNICIAN. Technician #3....wait for it.....agreed with technician #1 & #2 that the panel was defective and would need to be replaced but they cannot not order the part because Samsung has not made the part available yet. How many more technicians need to come out and report back to Samsung that the panel is defective and i need a replacement because there is no manufacture part made available yet????!!!!???

Purchased Dryer from Home Depot 6/5/19. Delivered 6/21/19. First technician came 6/28/19, second technician 7/11/19, third technician 7/16/19.

STILL NO DRYER.....I have purchased a $900 paper weight. Please do yourself a favor and never purchase a Samsung appliance and go through the headache that I have had.

- Collapse -
Customer service non exsistant

I have had a terrible experience with Samsung. The washing machine is in a cabin approximately 100 miles from where I live. I went up there 3 times to meet service people who could not repair the machine. Samsung then approved me for a refund, but not until I provided a photo of the decal removed from the back of the washer. Another 100 miles and I emailed them the photo. I was then assured I was approved for a refund. Two months later I get an email saying the check had been returned because of an undeliverable address. I gave them my correct address twice. They would never tell me what the undeliverable address was. I waited about 6 weeks and called to see where the refund check was. I was told that they were going to escalate this refund. It has been 3 weeks and still no refund. Today I sent a certified letter to Michael Lawder Senior V.P. Of Customer Care. The machine was used between 7 to 10 times over its short life. Samsung has been very dishonest and unethical with me by using delaying tactics. I doubt I will ever buy any Samsung appliances again.

- Collapse -
Denied and Ignored... NEW TV
I'm so saddened by Samsung. I have no idea how to get my complaint in front of someone who matters. Here is an email I sent.

Samsung is in the process of letting me down. Having been a long time customer and enjoying the many products over the years, I can say that with some clarity that I feel like I’m about to become one of those customers they let go and let down. While it’s true Best Buy has some hand in this, Samsung is the ultimate looser in this situation.
On July 2nd I purchased a 65” Inch Curved TV from Best Buy online to add to my new movie and game Room. I’d been eyeing the curved TVs for some time and having already owned three other Samsung TV’s was pretty confident this was what I wanted after several display demos. I purchased online and it was ready for in store pick up on the 5th. I got the unit home and did not unpack it for a few days since the entertainment center hardware that would display the TV still had to be built. A week later after my center was setup, unboxing and setup was a snap. I’m familiar with Samsung products and am not shy to assembly. Using the unit was great, bright beautiful colors, interesting design and a cool interface. I have an Xbox One and Apple TV connected and enjoyed most content. When it came to Dark content however, I noticed some irregularities. The screen had noticeable white clouds in the upper and lower right sides of the screen. The bottom right was more profound because it ran from right to left in a diagonal. I contacted the local BestBuy store and they explained this is normal with these types of TVs and the clouds would disappear after some time of use. I had no reason to not believe them and waited. A little over a week later the clouds were still present so I contacted Best Buy again to request something be done. Best Buy support explained however that I was 2 days over the warranty timeline and that my return or in store help was no longer an option. Best Buy, you fail but they explained I had a manufactures warranty from a company I trusted so I was ok with contacting Samsung to continue.
My first contact was on the online live chat. Communicating with the rep, I explained the situation and together we did some troubleshooting. I explained that the image during bright scenes was not the issue, it was dark images that were the issue. Nothing we tried resolved the problem but the rep requested that I hold the selected settings for 1 week as part of the test.
About 10 days later I contacted Samsung again via the online live chat as instructed. Again, explained the situation and what was tried already. The new rep and I continued troubleshooting with no luck. It was determined that a service request would be needed. As instructed, I completed the online form, attached pictures and submitted the detail that was already collected by both the online reps. Sorry Samsung, you fumbled but still in the game at this point.
A day or so later I received a call from a Samsung scheduling rep to confirm the online request and schedule a service date. At that very moment, I happened to be in my local Best Buy comparing my TV pics to the one on display and to talk more to the BestBuy reps. The Samsung scheduler put me down for a Wednesday after 4pm timeslot for the service rep visit after giving me some detail on what to expect.
Sometime later, the service company contacted me to request pictures and information on the issue. They explained that they needed this information before Samsung would even look at the issue… Wait so what were the online information and service ticket with pictures for? Yet another fumble on the part of Samsung. I sent the information requested and after a confirmation call from the service company saying they received the pictures and information, it was a short waiting game.
Today I received a call from the service company explaining that based on the photos, Samsung tech support concluded my issue is within normal operating specifications. So after explaining that issue does not show up that well on a photo and that the issue is only on dark images AND with no one physically coming to see the unit this was deemed as acceptable? Yet a 3rd Fumble Samsung. I quickly contacted Samsung phone support to get some help with how frustrated this was turning out to be.
The first rep I spoke to collected my information and listened to my situation. I could sense he didn’t know what to do and asked to put me on hold. He came back after a short while a little flustered explaining he didn’t know what to do and was going to transfer me to executive level support. That sounds important… I felt valued… That transfer connected me with a different person who at this executive level again collected my information and listened to my situation. I was put on hold repeatedly and at one point was told the onsite rep had determined there was no defect with the TV… But wait, no one had EVER been to my home to observe the issue. This was all determined with a photo. The rep retracted and corrected the information in either the system or whoever he was communicating the issue to. After a few more holds said he was going to send out a rep but that if it was determined that there was no defect, I would be charged and unknown amount. Well Samsung, at this point the ball has been punted and is in the air… I think he could sense my frustration but holding my composure I accepted a few longer holds while the ticket was created to go back to the service company. The Rep explained when someone is onsite they will determine if the unit needs repair.
After hanging up, not more than 15 minutes later, I received a call from the contracted service company who wanted to confirm the request Samsung had just put in. This was the same rep I’d spoken to before so they were familiar with my complaint and issue. They explained that the visit charge would be $99 for the service call and that the technician could not and would not determine if the unit was defective. All he or she would do is come on site and take pictures of the issue to send to Samsung… Samsung technical is the ONLY group that can determine an issue and they work off photos. Well Samsung that punted ball is now WELL out of bounds… NO GOOD!
You are failing me as a loyal customer. So now what? Do I live with this dissatisfaction? That is what it sounds like and if that’s true, your customer satisfaction promises are dishonest. Your tech support is basically saying my defect is acceptable and I’m being put through an unforgiving loop on a TV that is a little over 2 months old. There is an acceptable defect level???
So why am I so disappointed? I’ve had Samsung products since my first microwave back when the ad’s included the flexing arm pictures. I have or have had Galaxy phones, three other Samsung TV’s, sound systems, Laptops, multiple hard drives, cameras, Refrigerators, a washer and dryer and other Samsung products. I supported and influenced a change at my hospital to adopt Samsung Laptops and equipment in place of HP and dell products. More recently, I am in the market for a kitchen upgrade and was going to go Samsung since I believe in the products but this recent experience has seriously shaken my confidence. I’m a dedicated consumer who backs a product I believe in so I hope you understand this process is insulting to me as a customer. At this point I want my TV issue resolved or my money back.
Mitchell
- Collapse -
Please don't be mad at me.

But burying your plea for help in very old threads may not be read by those that can check into this. Top post it.

As to curved models, many call that a gimmick. 4K certainly got beat up by CNET.

- Collapse -
I Agree

Well written. I'm in the middle of a similar experience. It's so sad..

- Collapse -
Samsung Customer S6 unreliable

I purchased a Samsung S6 November 2015. Since then the main board is always getting fried. They tell me "You had a defective board and you should be OK after the repair" I was on a 4 week business trip when on the second week I experienced the same problem. I returned to Montreal and called Customer service and explained the situation and was transferred to their retention center in which I spoke to a unprofessional individual. She kept on interrupting and finally she told me that Samsung policy is only to repair and not replace. After the one year warranty I will have to be paying top dollars for those repairs. So I'm putting the unit in the garbage and buying a used reliable Phone! No More Samsung for me!!! I asked that I speak to her supervisor and she told me "I have no supervisor" . Thank you for Nothing Samsung! Garbage Phone and Garbage service!!!

- Collapse -
never buy samsung products

we remodeled our kitchen less than 6 months ago with samsung products and not to mention the phone that i have but will talk later about phone.

one appliance at a time, lets start with my refrigerator two months after I got it the ice maker whenever it ran the defrost cycle it use to make a loud thunderous sound. so i called samsung they send a company out i think based from MO and I live in IN, 6 to 8 hrs drive distance.came diagnosed the problem then came back fixed it.

lets move on to the next appliance, dishwasher. 4 months out and the motor went bad and this is the new tech DW the waterwall one, came and fixed it.

next one is the convection microwave not strong enough my microwave presto popcorn popper burnt .no issues yet ..

last but very important for me is the gas range, i live in the kitchen and do a lot of cooking and baking. few months into my right two burners on simmer very low makes a hissing and a blowing sounds as if its about to explode. ver scary if you have new teenager helping you.called for service,again first a "diagnostic team" comes looks at it and then orders right part when it arrives they schedule service came fixed it same day it was fixed my GFI outlet use to trip every time i turn the stove or the oven on. so call again comes fixes it. (first time it was fixed at first time no "diagnostic" involved) wow right huge favor ...
now yesterday i smelled gas called my local gas company they came out looked at it and red taped the stove and sure there was a leak in the same valve ever since they replaced it I was so used to it that I could"nt smell it .my electrician smelled it while fixing one to the nearest outlet: he almost had a headache.called customer service was called same day by the same company the installed new valve despite the fact i requested a different one.

i don't know how long the will come out here hopefully not to diagnose the problem but o fixe it.

LASTLY , IN BETWEEN THE TIME I CALL SAMSUNG TILL THE TIME ISSUE GETS RESOLVED IT TAKES ALMOST TWO WKS SOMETIMES MORE WITH SCHEDULING ISSUES FROM MY END TO AND/OR COMPANY'S END.

LONG TIME WITHOUT A STOVE .... DOSNT THIS SAY A LOT ABOUT THE COMPANY AND THEIR SERVICE..

OH, YES FORGOT I HAVE S A NOTE 4 WHEN IT CAME OUT ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO AND HAVE PROBLEN WITH BATTERY FOR THE PAST YEAR DIES DOWN AT 50 GETS VERY HOT AS WELL SOMETIMES IT LUCKY AT 30 PERCENT EVEN WITH A NEW BATTERY PURCHASE.

HAVE COMPLAINED AND THE WOULDN'T EVEN REPLACE THE BATTERY ...

SOO MUCH FOR SERVICE..RIGHT

GOODBYE SAMSUNG FOREVER.

ANY INPUT ON HOW TO GO ABOUT REACHING TOP LADDER.

i am hoping the top people would read this and contact me

thxs for reading my review
hopefully it has helped you in making your future purchase decision.

- Collapse -
(NT) The Phone is an Alarm

CNET Forums

Forum Info