HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

Samsung C530 power on problem

by adi14882 / August 4, 2012 7:51 AM PDT

As of today my TV is taking about 25-30 seconds to power on whereas before it only took 5-10 seconds tops.

I haven't changed any settings on the TV recently, I have the latest firmware installed and I have a CI+ card and a HDD plugged into the unit, though removing these accessories does not solve the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung C530 power on problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung C530 power on problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Why yes I do.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 4, 2012 8:33 AM PDT

I find that having hard drives plugged in extend the startup times of not only my PC but my other things like a HDTV.

Do you think this is a bug?
Bob

Collapse -
by adi14882 / August 4, 2012 8:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Why yes I do.

As I said, the TV still takes 25-30 seconds to power on even without the hard drive plugged in.

It does take longer for the TV to recognize the hard drive than it does a flash drive for example and I'm guessing this is because the hard drive needs more power to run than is available. If anything, it's a design flaw, not a bug.

Back on topic, I've been trying to think what happened recently that could have caused this and there was a short power outage last night (I'm 95% sure the TV was off while it happened). Maybe a power surge is to blame?

Collapse -
I missed that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 4, 2012 10:43 AM PDT
In reply to: ...

There is another reason such as any WiFI or internet connection can slow it down.

Collapse -
by adi14882 / August 4, 2012 12:05 PM PDT
In reply to: I missed that.

It doesn't have internet/wifi.

Collapse -
Can I ask for the full model number?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 4, 2012 12:59 PM PDT

I've used generic answers since I can't be sure which Samsung it is.

Collapse -
by adi14882 / August 4, 2012 6:47 PM PDT

It's a C530. I put that in the title.

Collapse -
I googled that
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 5, 2012 7:24 AM PDT

And came up with a few models that had that in the full model name.

Sorry but unless I see the full model number I think I'll have to stick to generic answers which can be wrong.

Did you call it in?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.