Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Bluray player bd c5500 stuck in downloading internet

by jhettinger / September 15, 2012 6:20 AM PDT

model bd c5500 with wireless
samsung work ticket LTK56401670749X plus three others. happened after a firmware update. couple months ago. no one offered tier 2, just send it in for repair.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Bluray player bd c5500 stuck in downloading internet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Bluray player bd c5500 stuck in downloading internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Samsung Bluray player stuck in downloading
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 17, 2012 1:18 AM PDT
Collapse -
Samsung Bluray player stuck in downloading after upgrade
by dweishan / July 7, 2013 12:41 AM PDT

I have the same model BD plater and the same thing happened to me after the most recent firmware upgrade. When I go to the Interrnet@TV Service it briefly shows "Starting" then goes to a "Downloading" message and hangs there. The Downloading activity indicator continues to spin but it never leaves this screen. I've left it overnight and nothing happens. HELP PLEASE! Thank you.

Collapse -
Re: Samsung Bluray player stuck in downloading after upgrade
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 9, 2013 2:43 AM PDT

Hi dweishan,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Have you tried the reset suggestion I gave above?

HD Tech

Collapse -
by dweishan / July 9, 2013 4:07 AM PDT

Yes. I tried the factory reset as you suggested above. But after that when I went to the Interrnet@TV Service it still never gets past "Downloading". The Downloading activity indicator continues to spin but it never leaves this screen.

Dennis

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 9, 2013 5:49 AM PDT
Collapse -
by dweishan / July 10, 2013 9:03 AM PDT

I do have the latest firmware installed. But I did as you suggested. I downloaded the BSP-C5500WWB-1028.0.RUF firmware from the Samsung site. Unzipped it and put it on a USB drive and tried to install it using the F/W Upgrade Method by USB flash drive instructions on the site but I received a message that the latest firmware was already installed. After that when I went to the Interrnet@TV Service it still never gets past "Downloading". The Downloading activity indicator continues to spin but it never leaves this screen. By the way, this issue just started after I did the firmware May update.

Dennis

Collapse -
Just an idea.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 10, 2013 9:12 AM PDT

Try connecting the player with eithernet cabling. This thread is more than 298 days old.

Collapse -
by dweishan / July 10, 2013 8:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Just an idea.

It is connected using an Ethernet cable.

Collapse -
Then back to Samsung.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 11, 2013 2:03 AM PDT

This thread is more than 298 days old.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 11, 2013 2:07 AM PDT

Hi dweishan,

OK, so is it connected directly to your modem or is there a router in between? If you could, please have it connected directly.

HD Tech

Collapse -
by dweishan / July 15, 2013 2:09 AM PDT

I connected it directly to the modem and it still gets stuck at "downloading" when I select Interrnet@TV Service.

Dennis

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 16, 2013 5:48 AM PDT
Collapse -
by dweishan / July 16, 2013 6:17 AM PDT

Thank you. I will contact service.

Collapse -
Having the same issue
by Bdawall / May 23, 2014 3:07 PM PDT

I'm having a similar issue. Have tr
Starting > downloading >. Installing and then it returns to the main screen showing icons for internet, videos, music, photos, and settings. Takes about a minute. I have tried rebooting, wired and wireless. I go into the settings > general section; check for updates via the "software upgrade" section. It connects to the network server and says "there is no need to upgrade". Have tried many times, no luck. Annoying!!!

Collapse -
Having the same issue
by Bdawall / May 23, 2014 3:08 PM PDT

I'm having a similar issue. Have tr
Starting > downloading >. Installing and then it returns to the main screen showing icons for internet, videos, music, photos, and settings. Takes about a minute. I have tried rebooting, wired and wireless. I go into the settings > general section; check for updates via the "Bsp-c5500wwb-1028.0 upgrade" section. It connects to the network server and says "there is no need to upgrade". Have tried many times, no luck. Annoying!!!

Collapse -
by sajasion / July 18, 2013 2:48 PM PDT

dweishan,

I'm hoping you might see this. You last posted on 7/16/13 1:17 PM In Reply to: Re: Samsung Bluray player stuck in downloading after upgrade. I have the same blu-ray BD-CC5500 and just upgraded a couple of days ago to the latest software version BSP-C5500WWB-1028.0. I feel your pain as I once had netflix icons at the top of my home screen and could access internet@tv. But now, after the update, I have access to neither. Going through the internet@tv icon says it needs to update, clicking yes, then running into the same perpetual downloading...installing............................................................ I've left my device on for days with some hope of things turning around. Bupkis.

I'm curious what the service dept recommended to resolve the issue. Any good news on your situation?

Collapse -
by dweishan / July 18, 2013 11:48 PM PDT

Unfortunately the issue is still unresolved. After attemtping to update to the 1028.0 firmware via USB (which wasn't necessary because I already had this version of firmware installed), the Tech asked me to bypass my home router and plu directly into my cable modem, which I did. That didn't work either. So now my only recourse is to contact Samsun Support and arrange for service. The Tech directed me to their Facebook and Twitter pages, but I feel I'm starting the process all over. So I'm going to call Samsing Service instead and try to get this issue resolved. I'll update this post after I've contacted Samsung Service and let you know what they said.

Collapse -
by sajasion / July 19, 2013 1:16 AM PDT

Wow, the clouds broke and the sun shined though! Not more than an hour after my last post and constantly resetting my player,modem and router did the netflix, hulu and other icons magically appear on the home screen! I was also able to access internet@tv for a few moments before a message screen popped up and said new updates for it needed to be installed. I clicked yes again and the same issue, but it appears to somehow be regaining functions....slowly.

Unfortunately, this issue seems that it just needs time. I don't understand why, but now that netflix is working again (my main concern), I'm just going to wait out the internet@tv issue and hope it resolves itself. I'd like to avoid contacting the service dept. All else fails, I'm contemplating the roku XD to give me the same "smart" tv functions for which I originally purchased the Samsung Blu-Ray. Fingers crossed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?