Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung BDP-1500 sound dropping

by ArtWebber / January 29, 2009 1:28 PM PST

Dear Mr. Samsung,
I'm on my second BDP-1500 in a month. Both had the same, exact problem. Intermittent sound drops. About every 5 or 10 minutes on both DVD and Blu-ray. My first player was shipped back to Samsung for repair. A week later, I received a remanufactured player (meaning, not my original) that wouldn't play anything at all. Luckily, I had a service plan at Best Buy and received a new, identical player from off the shelf. Goody, goody. Guess what, same problem. Even updated the firmware and still no dice. Intermittent sound dropping. What is the issue? Two machines later and still problems. Please explain?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BDP-1500 sound dropping
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BDP-1500 sound dropping
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Explain...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 30, 2009 10:21 AM PST

ArtWebber,

With all due respect, I'm not sure what you'd like me to explain. I'm not sure what is causing this issue, or even what kind of televison it's hooked up to, or what kind of cable you're using; and even if I did, without being there, it's nearly impossible to determine.

My advice to anyone who is unhappy with their product to return it and get something that best fits your needs. I've always been very open about that on this forum.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Blu-ray - intermittent sound drops
by ArtWebber / January 31, 2009 2:57 AM PST
In reply to: Explain...

* I have a Panasonic Plasma television set purchased 12/2007.
* I've used 2 sets of coaxial cables and 2 HDMI cables. No difference.
* Updated the last player with the 01/02/09 Firmware release sent to me from Samsung. Still nothing. Same problem.

I had a total of 3 BDP-1500 players inside of a month.
First one had intermittent sound drop issues on DVD and Blu-ray. The second was a remanufactured player sent back to me from Samsung that did not work at all (it was improperly packed in a box two sizes too big.) The third was an exchange at Best Buy - it had the same sound drop issue on both DVD and Blu-ray. I finally traded in the Samsung for a SONY BDPS-350 and I've been trouble free since.

I thought it was my television - the one common denominator, right? If there are compatibility issues with certain brands then Samsung should issue a list of what can and can't interface with their products. Instead of leaving the consumer to fend for himself. As far as calling 1-800-SAMSUNG for help - I'd have better luck calling a kindergarten class. For example, Friday night I called a total of five times. On the last call, I finally spoke with someone who even pretended to care. I attempted to escalate the problem over the past few days. But trying to get transferred to those people is nearly impossible. Each call I'd dutifully provide the special transaction number given to me. Either they're closed or out to lunch. I asked one person, out of frustration, if the customer care department even existed. I needed the laugh.

In the end, I took your advice and found something that best fits my needs. A Blu-ray player that works. Thank you.

Collapse -
Good to hear..
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 1, 2009 3:16 PM PST

ArtWebber,

Thanks for giving us an opportunity, even though it didn't work out. I'm glad you found a solution, and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Thanks for dropping by to let me know how it turned out.

Best,

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!