Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung BD-P4600 not playing Blu ray DVDs

Hi there,

I've had this Blu ray player for almost a month, and everything was working fine. It had the latest firmware on it and was playing blu ray dvd as normal.

However, Started it up today and it will no longer accept blu ray dvds. It does this loading sequence for a while, which the player makes a bit of noise, then ejects the blu ray dvd.

I have tried normal DVDs and they work perfectly. I have done what most of the suggestions given to me on the Samsung support section, like unplugging the player for 30 minutes then trying again and updating the firmware via usb rather than ethernet, which is how I had done it in the first place. Still not working.

Can you help me with this issue please?

Thank you,

Raj

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BD-P4600 not playing Blu ray DVDs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BD-P4600 not playing Blu ray DVDs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung BD-P4600 not playing Blu ray DVDs

In reply to: Samsung BD-P4600 not playing Blu ray DVDs

sadhra2005,

If it's making noises, there may be something physically wrong with the unit itself. I would recommend having the unit serviced, particularly if the noise issue is new.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Fixed

In reply to: Samsung BD-P4600 not playing Blu ray DVDs

--HDTech,

Thank you for the recommendation, however, I have managed to fix the the Blu ray player myself.

Basically, I left the player unplugged for a day, then gave it a gentle shake (this is not a recommended way to fix this player, to others that read this), then made sure everything was plugged in correctly. Switched it on and everything works.

In my opinion, I think the blu ray laser might of been off centre.

Going back to the noise point you raised, yes, it was making a noise, but the type of noise it was making was the one you would get when a DVD player is trying hard to read a heavily scratched DVD but unable to.

Raj

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!