Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung bd-p3600 wont show menu or except any dvd control bu

by siege2athome / July 21, 2009 3:23 AM PDT

Hi just recieved my Samsung BD-3600 blu ray player today and have problems.

spoke to support on phone regarding disc player not working.

what I have on screen is what look like imaging rain drops on a window with circles off blue color, on the player display it shows CLOSE also OPEN when disc goes in out etc, the remote allows eject , power tv vol tv ch etc to function only all others regarding DVD blu ray etc to play pause etc do not work from remote, also the touch controls for play etc as well.

I have done the troubleshooting with phone support press and hold the forward skip button more than 5 seconds all the same on display and none functionality off playing also to note cannot get the remote to display the dvd menu setup etc.

I have did the hdmi without component etc and with component without hdmi still get the same screen.

phone support have told me to contact local walk in centre for them to look at unit also going to phone sellar also tommorow as to late after 6 pm UK.

look forward to hearing from U's all

Ken

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung bd-p3600 wont show menu or except any dvd control bu
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung bd-p3600 wont show menu or except any dvd control bu
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung bd-p3600 wont show menu or except any dvd control b
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 22, 2009 4:09 AM PDT

siege2athome,

It sounds like the unit is booting, but not getting far past that. You can try to download the firmware update to see if you can reset your unit, but you may just want to exchange the unit for a new one if you're having these issue right away.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Pickup

Hi HDtech

I phoned Samsung walk in support shop and was due to drop it off 7 miles away "ps by Car" I then thought give the supplier off unit a ring then because I have Just recieved it by post from them , there now going to do a Pickup service , then send me a new Unit out , UK from hughesdirect.co.uk shall let you know off the update on recieving new replacement.

Ken

Collapse -
Pickup
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 22, 2009 5:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Pickup

siege2athome,

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
got new model back ie new serial number
by siege2athome / July 28, 2009 9:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Pickup

Hi tested dvd and blu ray disc's no problem on 42 inch sony and upstairs bedroom 32 inch Samsung , with lype sync problem.

network now via cable tested ok, just allowed mac address on the wireless side off dongle ok .

tried my synolgy ds106 it see's it cannot get anything from unit to show !

even the vista PC and XP Netbook , not tried the xp shuttle yet or other second xp main pc.

how do i get the to show so that my unit will play them !

version is 1.01_090312A

do I update this via CD or USB or ethernet , Should I update this , is it nessary to update , or what does 1.03 add or fix , any links to what each pach would do !

thanks
Ken

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.