Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung BD-P3600 Stuck with LOAD on Front Panel

by lmcnish / July 26, 2009 1:07 PM PDT

Purchased the Samsung BD-P3600 this weekend. Opened the box, connected via wireless and downloaded the latest firmware without incident. Watched some Netflix and Blu-Rays. Each time I turn the thing on the front panel displays LOAD and will not switch to No-Disc or anything else.

I have recently unplugged the unit after pressing the >>| to see if I can get the thing to reset to factory settings. I am not certain if the reset is working since the front panel is not on the No-Disc display.

If this fails I am lost and ready to box the thing back up and get my money back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BD-P3600 Stuck with LOAD on Front Panel
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BD-P3600 Stuck with LOAD on Front Panel
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung BD-P3600 Stuck with LOAD on Front Panel
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 26, 2009 7:14 PM PDT

lmcnish,

There are two troubleshooting ideas I can think of.

Try starting the player without a disc in the tray.

The other thing is to download the firmware on a thumbdrive or CD, and try the update again. If that doesn't work, then you may want to exchange it for a new unit.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks
by lmcnish / July 27, 2009 11:07 AM PDT

I tried these steps tonight and it did not work. I will be returning the unit tomorrow. Too bad I really liked the idea of having the NetFlix capability. We watched a number of NetFlix flims this weekend and that was enjoyable.

Larry

Collapse -
Thanks
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 29, 2009 7:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

lmcnish,

Do what makes you happiest - I always encourage that on this forum. I'm sorry that those steps didn't fix it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung BD-P3600 Stuck with LOAD
by shuLeon / November 14, 2010 6:29 AM PST

I purchased it from ebay in brand new sealed box.
I only have watched a few movies since I owned it.

It just stuck with LOAD yesterday. I have tried everything like reset by pressing skip or download updated Firmware to USB drivers, power on off etc.

It just does not work!

I will send it to Samsung repair center tomorrow and update what Samsung says on this!

Collapse -
Samsung BD-P3600 stuck on LOAD
by akkwell / March 7, 2011 5:45 AM PST

I have had this player for 2 years. Had to update it a few times and never any problems with it.

During the last update the player crashed and now when I switch it on I get the water effect blue screen and the player says load on the front. It never moves beyond that. I can open and close the disc tray but after I close the tray the display gets stuck saying close instead of load.

I have tried reseting the player so I can install the firmware by USB but it doesnt seem to be doing anything. I have tried unplugging the player and holding power for 10 sec and then plugging it back in but no effect. Also I tried switching it on and holding down >>| button but again to no effect.

I would really appreciate any help with this, my player is out of the warranty period and when I contacted samsung about getting it repaired I was told it might cost upto

Collapse -
Samsung BD-P3600 stuck on LOAD
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 7, 2011 12:50 PM PST

akkwell,

Try calling back the 800-SAMSUNG customer service line, and try again to see if you can possibly get your unit serviced. It's important to note if the issue was caused by a firmware update. If it was, be sure to let the customer service representative know that.

If they still aren't able to assist with the repair, ask for a transaction number and post it here. I'll be happy to have one of the managers review your case.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Firware Rollback
by SpriteAM / March 8, 2011 4:29 AM PST

I am plagued with the same issue. I updated to the latest firmware a couple days ago and everything was fine.

Today I was streaming video from a PC and it froze during playback. Powered the player off and back on, and now stuck at the "blue bubbles" Load screen.

Is it possible to roll back to an earlier version of the firmware, in order to test whether the newest version is the culprit?

Collapse -
Firware Rollback
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 8, 2011 11:30 AM PST
In reply to: Firware Rollback

SpriteAM,

Not that I aware of. If you have a copy of the older firmware, you can try it but I don't have that available for distribution.

If you updated using the USB thumb drive, make sure that you have removed the thumb drive from the USB port.

--HDTech

Collapse -
BDP3600 Frozen after firmware update
by LondonToby / November 13, 2011 6:14 AM PST

Exactly the same problem. Perfectly functioning player needed firmware update, after not playing discs. Downloaded update on USB stick, and installed as per the instructions on the Samsung site. Now it is just frozen on the screensaver. LOAD or CLOSE on screen. No access to any menu. Will not work.

Collapse -
BDP3600 Frozen after firmware update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 14, 2011 7:34 AM PST

LondonToby -

Collapse -
joining the party
by thanleyIV / December 20, 2011 5:59 AM PST

Have now lost my bd-p3600 due to the "load stuck" situation. Customer service told me I was going to have to pay $160 to have it repaired. Given the huge issue of this exact glitch across the internet I am hoping to find a better way to solve this known problem.

Collapse -
Same thing here
by laural27 / April 24, 2011 9:21 AM PDT

We are having exactly the same problem with ours.... It has actually already been in for warranty work, but now ours is stuck on load and now we no longer have warranty. And even if I wanted to spend money to fix it we don't have anyone in our area who can service them....

We spent a fair amount of money on our entertainment unit.... And now I'm going to buy a new player and this time it's not going to be one from Samsung...

Collapse -
Same thing here
by screwsamsung / September 27, 2011 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Same thing here

I agree. I have the same problem and will buy from another manufacture due to a bad experience with Samsung. It's not a BB $55 Insignia Special or a cheap low end player. So i thought.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!