General discussion

Samsung BD-P3600 stuck at load

My BD-P3600 has the latest firmware update as of September 2010. Not sure what it was but it seemed to load successfully. After the update though, the TV would flash and blank momentarily when I tried to play a disc. It would eventually load and play normally but only after a couple of those flashes. Now I can't get it to get past load, with a disc in the drive or not. I can't do anything but OFF or ON or OPEN. When I choose OPEN the drive will open and the display will read OPEN the TV will have the blue Bubble backdrop but nothing else. No Blockbuster or anything else. CLOSE will not work. When I choose ON the player starts and the display says ON then continuously displays LOAD. The TV screen displays the blue bubble backdrop. Nothing else. I have tried the ff reset for 30 seconds. Nothing. I have unplugged the set for 15 minutes and held the stop button then turned it back on. Nothing. This thing worked fine the other night. Help Me Please

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung BD-P3600 stuck at load
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung BD-P3600 stuck at load
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

conan107,

With the tray empty, press and hold the STOP button for ten seconds. (On the unit, not the remote) Then, power it up and see if you're able to load. If not, with the unit on, press and hold STOP again to see if it resets and loads.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Same problem BD-P3600 stuck on load after firmware update

Just updated the firmware tonight. The update went perfectly through all steps and did the expected shut down. Later, I powered it up to watch a BluRay and it refused to load. Hangs on the "load" with the blue bubble back ground on the computer. Even if there is no disk in the unit, it won't let me through to network discovery or anything else. (no netflix, pandora, etc)

Looks like a corrupt firmware image to me.

I did try the remedies you recommended above, they didn't solve the problem.

Thanks for your help

- Collapse -
Same problem BD-P3600 stuck on load after firmware update

SolakJP,

Try holding the FF>> button down (15 sec) to see if that option allows you to reset the unit enough to try the STOP hard reset. I'd recommend doing so with an empty disc tray.

If that doesn't work, you might try calling Samsung's customer service center for more troubleshooting options, or service.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Ditto Here

Player started having issues playing certain BD discs and would not play certain BD discs. From reading similar problems online, it was recommended to upload the latest firmware. After firmware update and successful loaded and shutdown, upon powerup, player now hangs in "load". Other than power-on, the only thing that works is tray open and close and upon closing, the player hangs in "close" mode until I physically turn off the player. I'm pretty sure the firmware is corrupted. BUYER BEWARE ... Samsung isn't owning up to this problem so you're on your own.

- Collapse -

HDTech

I tried your suggestions with no luck. I did get a different message on my screen though. It Said "Not a supported mode". The screen then kept flashing with no bubble screen. Samsung says send my unit to them with $110.00. This unit worked like a champ before the firmware load. How about some kind of recall on this.

- Collapse -
Nothing working yet.

HDTech, I will call and check with support as none of the suggestions worked. Thanks for helping however.

General Rant:

I had better get something other then "send us money". It is pretty obvious that this is a firmware problem and given the fact the machine has nag screens that pop up every time you turn it on, asking for you to dl the latest firmware... Samsung had better fix this one on their dime.

Rant mode off...

So, since they probably aren't going to do that... HDTech, is there a pdf of the service manual for this unit that you could make available? Even under the table? Is the service manual purchasable?

Is there an internal jumper that clears the unit back to a default firmware similar to a computer mobo? There has got to be some other method of reseting the FW other then popping out the bad chips and putting them on an eprom burner. (that's pretty old school and really bad design in this century).

I am a video engineer, so you can bet if Samsung doesn't honor their moral responsibility to fix what they messed up with a bad download, I'll look under the hood myself.

But thanks again for hanging out here and trying to help.... If I discover something that fixes it, I'll post back.

- Collapse -

conan107,

One other option I might suggest, since you're noting that there's a "Mode Not Supported" message, is to connect the player to your TV using the yellow composite (video AV) cable and change the output resolution of the player in the player's menu.

If the bubbles appear and then nothing at all, it could be that the resolution isn't set to 720p or higher, which can cause the Mode Not Supported message.

--HDTech

- Collapse -

HDTech

I tried your suggestion. I disconnected my HDMI cable and installed a composite video cable from the player to the TV. BLACK SCREEN. I'm tired of this nonsense. I bought an LG BD570 from Best Buy today for $199.99, unplugged my Samsung and plugged this in. Up and running in 5 minutes. Wireless Internet ready (doesn't need a dongle.) and more features than my 3600. Without any firmware updates, it plays AVATAR and IRONMAN II faultlessly. If Samsung ever finds out what they did wrong to this 3600 (and if they publish a fix!), I may use it as a spare. Otherwise, I have another doorstop. I will continue to monitor this website to see if my fellow doorstop owners have any luck with a fix. Thanks for the help.

CNET Forums

Forum Info