Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung BD-P3600

Hey everyone. Well this product was my first Blu Ray player and was pretty excited about this. However i am not sure if this player is really that great and if i need to go get another one. I have noticed with any DVD or Blu Ray disk, that in the movie or show, there is a slight blurryness or distortion that usually outines people. Its not in fast scenes but can be in slow ones too. It last for about 2-5 seconds and will happen at different times throughout the show. Its at the same place, cause i would rewind and it would be at the same place at the same time. I am a bit upset and kind of like what the heck. Also I hate the remote and the functons of it. Anyway....Can some one please help me...it drives me crazy and i will get this one removed and get another one. Is this NORMAL?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BD-P3600
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BD-P3600
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
---

In reply to: Samsung BD-P3600

I would think that IF its at the same place/tme in the movie, that the disc has the problem and not the player...though I may be wrong...

I myself had 1 disc that was "Blurry/fuzzy" at the same scenes/place/time...when I returned it to the store, they checked thier batch and they ALL had the same problem (bad batch)...so, got the movie later and it is now ok.

Collapse -
Samsung Blu Ray

In reply to: ---

Yeah but this happens all the time with any disk...thats not right. This samsung player i think is the issue. Does anyone get that effect on thir blu ray?

Collapse -
Samsung Blu Ray

In reply to: Samsung Blu Ray

mprice260,

How is it connected to the TV (what kind of cable? HDMI, component, composite, etc), and what is the setting on the Blu-Ray player's output resolution?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Blu Ray

I am using the HDMI cables and the Blu Ray converts the DVD to the max resolution. So thats not it. I even tried the best of the best HDMI cables. I think that its the Blu Ray Player...my question is that Is this suppose to happen? I mean with every BluRay?

Collapse -
Samsung Blu Ray

mprice260,

Do you have any pictures of this?

Also, have you attempted the firmware update?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung

Hey thanks for your help
Yes firmware update happens automatically. But yes I have made sure that this has happened and there are no more of them. I have had one update since i have had this Blu Ray. I went online to Samsung and looked at the Troubleshooting and followed all there advice. I am not sure if this is normal to get this ghoast like blurry image that outlines people at times through out the movie or show that is on a DVD. I really want to see this DVD on another Blu Ray player and TV to see if its on theres

Collapse -
Samsung Blu Ray

In reply to: Samsung

Well i found out that its not the blu ray it was the TV. I have a Samsung 750 series. I see that when the 240Mhz is enabled the picture becomes blurry...so its the 240 Mhz thats screwed up...which leads me to the next thread....why does this TV screw up with that on???

Collapse -
Samsung Blu Ray

mprice260,

It shouldn't. Is it in 3D mode?

--HDTech

Collapse -
samsung lcd tv750 series

I have never heard of 3 D mode..
Does this TV have this? How do I find it?

Collapse -
samsung lcd tv750 series

In reply to: samsung lcd tv750 series

mprice260,

I'd be able to tell you with the full model number.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung ln52b750

In reply to: samsung lcd tv750 series

This is the model number. I looked on line as well as the book and there is nothing about 3D on this TV or on any 750 series. That is the series I stated before you mentioned the 3D issue. So dont think that is the reason.

Collapse -
Samsung ln52b750

In reply to: Samsung ln52b750

mprice260,

Well, going back to your original post, the blurriness seems to happen when you play Blu-Ray discs or DVDs, so it may be an issue with the Blu-Ray player or the cable. While I can't rule out the TV itself, if it's not happening on other inputs (cable/sat boxes, game consoles, etc), then it's likely happening in the Blu-Ray player. It may simply require service.

That model of TV does not have 3D. If it did, it's possible that it would produce similar symptoms to the ones you described, so that's why I asked that.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung LN55B750

Well i found out that it is not the Samsung Blu Ray Player that has been messing up my picture. Its the Auto Motion Plus 240Hz that is screwing it up. When turned off DVD and Bly Ray do not have this blurry effect. Why would this feature that suppose to make the pictue better, make it worse? Whats the point of having this feature?

Collapse -
Samsung LN55B750

In reply to: Samsung LN55B750

mprice260,

240Hz is the upscaling process, which has to happen since the panel is a 240hz panel. Motion is better represented with 240Hz, and while "the experts" may nit-pick the intricacies of "why and how", the general fact is that a faster refresh is better for fast motion.

AutoMotion Plus refers to an additional processing process that takes place as part of the upconversion. It's not always a benefit to have it on "High" or "Medium" when you have a 1080p source input, such as a Blu-Ray player. However, there are some benefits with 1080i, or 720p source signals - and even some 480i/p signals have a better result with the AutoMotion Plus processing. This is why we left the option to turn it "OFF" available, and doing so defeats the additional processing, but not the 240Hz (which is always there).

Does that help explain it a little better?

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!