Samsung forum

Praise

Samsung BD-P1620

by Toxic-Rain / July 4, 2011 5:14 AM PDT

I there. I have received a Blu Ray player that I have bought on ebay. Now, when I connect this to my TV the image appears fuzzy on my screen. Then I tried to Connect via Scart connection and a blue image appears but nothing else. I press Menu on the remote and nothing. The only two buttons that are responsive are On/off, and Close/Open. If I press Close a Close message always stays on the player screen. I tried a trick (that I saw in some forums ) that I should press FF for 5 seconds and the player should reset. No luck still not working. Can someone help me on this? Thanks in advance my friends

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BD-P1620
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BD-P1620
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tell more. Is this the usual Standard Definition TV?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 4, 2011 5:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung BD-P1620

In that case, it should be fuzzy.

Collapse -
??
by Toxic-Rain / July 4, 2011 5:24 AM PDT

I don't understand what you refer has a "Standard Definition TV". It's s 47" Infinia from LG LE8500.

Collapse -
That's a High Definition TV.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 4, 2011 5:43 AM PDT
In reply to: ??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART notes that connection would give you FUZZY Standard Definition video so while this may not correct other issues I'd consider connecting with a High Definition connection next time.
Bob
Collapse -
That's not the problm
by Toxic-Rain / July 4, 2011 5:49 AM PDT

But the image appears good on Scart connection. The HDMI it's the one that's displaying a fuzzy image. But that's not my worst problem. My problem is that the device doesn't respond to almost any option. Only opens closes, and nothing else. No messages on the display saying "No disc" or "error", nothing. It should display something. I tried some movies and it says loading...for a lot of time but the device doesn't seams to do anything (it should make some noise or something).

Collapse -
Given the details so far.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 5, 2011 1:15 AM PDT
In reply to: That's not the problm

That is the problem. If you can be more detailed I might have agreed but after finding systems with both scart and hdmi plugged in and settings to 480p verses higher I'm beginning to wonder if this is the same old issue I encountered before.

And now I read there is a second problem. When it sticks on LOADING we see that on older machines, finger prints on the media or a machine that needs repair.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?