General discussion

Samsung BD-P1600 will not connect to internet

Prior to last firmware update the internet connection worked. I had the ethernet cable from my motorola modem/router in the back of the BDP unit and a generic usb memory stick in the front of the BDP. I could then download BD Live Content. No Samsung dongle, but not wireless.

Since then, no internet at all. I ran system check many times and I don't get past the MAC address. When I take the ethernet out of the BDP and connect it to my macbook the internet works fine.

I tried to do a firmware update downloaded onto a memory stick (opened first then saved to the memory stuck as a .ruff file) and the BDP did not recognize that either. i.e no indication it was validating the firmware program, though it did recognize that the memory stick was attached. I was doing this because the BDP would not play a recent bluray disc. After doing this, I could play the disc.

Any suggestions on:
-getting the connection to the internet to function
-how to check which firmware the BDP is running (without internet)
Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung BD-P1600 will not connect to internet
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung BD-P1600 will not connect to internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
did you try...

Reentering the info like you did with your first time setup ?..

- Collapse -

I don't think I did that last time around either. It set up automatically. I can try but where do I find the information to enter? Shaw is my internet provider. Thanks.

- Collapse -

Rogue44,

The .RUF file needs to be launched on the desktop. You then choose the memory stick as to where the unpacked files will go. I noticed you use a Macbook, so you may need bootcamp or the Windows OS to launch that.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info