I'll be happy to send this up, however I can't indicate what updates will be implemented in future firmware releases. I appreciate the time you've taken to provide feedback, and I will send this up accordingly.
Being very happy to be able to use my BD-P1600 as a MKV and DIVX player from an external USB Hard drive, I do have encountered some very annoying bugs/issues. These bugs are all USB video related.
- Pause a MKV or DIVX movie; after 3 minutes the screen goes back to the USB drive index and you have to skip/forward manually to where you paused the movie! Pause is unusable!
- Having paused accidentally for to long (>3 minutes!) fast forwarding is the only solution to go back to where you left off. The maximum speed is 8x which takes still a long time if you want to go to let's say forward an hour. Please ad a 32x speed or skip 5 minutes option please.
- Subtitles; being from the Netherlands I like to watch my movies subtitled (like a lot of countries from Europe). Subtitles (.srt files) are supported and working, but they tend to jump up and down every new line. What I mean is that sometimes 2 lined subs show up at the height of being 3 lines, next they are correct, etc...
- More subtitles; I like to watch my movies on my beamer with big screen, but the font-size for subs is too big! Please ad font-size options to the settings menu
- While we're at it, put some drop shadow behind them, or at least a stroke
I have been reading more user experience these issues. Samsung team, please take these comments in consideration for the new firmware update.
I'm using the BD-P1600, Firmware 2.07, Network, USB Hard drive, HDMI