Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung BD-P1600 High Pitched noise

by synthevo / January 7, 2010 5:44 AM PST

I bought this BD player after christmas, also buying Resident Evil and Swordfish as my first two BD Movies. I got the player running, got ethernet working, got the firmware updates and Netflix stream working with no problems.

Then I started watching Mutant X season 1 which is a normal DVD. I watched the First two discs that I have from netflix, then started Resident Evil. When I first put in resident evil there was some noise from it loading and searching but everything was fine. Then When I got to the last 15 minutes of the movie a high pitched noise started every 3 secs, at first I couldn't figure out what it was and the noise wasn't too bad, but when I got to the last chapter of the movie the noise got louder and constant, it sounds like Tinitus(ringing in the ears) only much louder, eventually I figured out it was the BD player and not the sound when I stopped the movie. So I popped the disc out and back in and again it started midway through the last chapter, so I tried Swordfish out, I fast forwarded through the movie and got a whine about an hour in but when I watched the movie it was fine. So I blamed Resident Evil, I have also now watched Mutant X discs 3 and 4 with no problem.

Yesterday I exchanged Resident Evil and bought The Matrix 10th anniversary edition and Resident Evil Apocalypse. At an hour in to The Matrix the Noise started again, this time just the constant High Pitched Whine, I tried opening/closing, fast forward/reversing through the movie multiple times and the noise never went away, unless the disc was before the One Hour mark. I then put in the new Resident Evil I exchanged for and again no problem until the last 15 minutes of the Movie. I am now watching Resident Evil 2 to see if there's a problem. I could really use some help here, I am considering exchanging this Player along with both movies and seeing if the problem persists if it does then I see no other option than return and buy a different BD player. Has anyone else had this problem with these movies or this player? I'd be grateful for any help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BD-P1600 High Pitched noise
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BD-P1600 High Pitched noise
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
BD-P1600 High Pitched whine by some movies.
by synthevo / January 8, 2010 7:04 AM PST

update: Watched Resident Evil Apocalypse with no problems. I'm starting to wonder why it is only have problems with some titles and not others, or if somehow the BD discs are causing it, seems unlikely though as it's two different movies, and two different copies of the same movie are causing a problem. Really could use some help here.

Collapse -
BD-P1600 High Pitched whine by some movies.
by blackrat779 / January 8, 2010 11:33 PM PST

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem, just as you describe. It varies from disc to disc but never happens on DVD's.

To be honest it spoils movies especially during quiet passages. I am thinking of getting Samsung to sort it out.

I should just mention I have an HT BD1252 Blu Ray player

Stu

Collapse -
High Pitched noise
by synthevo / January 10, 2010 2:50 AM PST

Yea, that's the exact same problem. So far I've only found two discs that do it though. Tommorrow I am going to exchange my player for another one, I am still within the 30 days. If the new one has the same problem with the discs then I am just going to return it and buy a different one.I'll keep this post updated with my progress.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.