Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung BD-P1590 TV Compatibility

by scorp43 / November 29, 2009 6:22 AM PST

Hi
I just bought a Samsung BD-P1590 Disc Player and have a couple of questions:
1. Is this player the same as Model BD-P1600.
2. If I buy the WISO9ABGN wireless adaptor will I be able to set up my network on my Philips HD TV which is Model 42PFL7422D/37 or is this adaptor only for Samsung Tv's.
Thanks
John

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BD-P1590 TV Compatibility
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BD-P1590 TV Compatibility
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung BD-P1590 TV Compatibility
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 29, 2009 7:14 AM PST

scorp43,

1. No, they are separate, but similar products.
2. Actually, it's not an adapter for the television at all. The WIS09ABGN allows you to connect to a wireless router in your house to stream movies from the internet, and depending on the model, can offer connectivity to your home's PC. However, there is no wireless streaming to the actual television.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Compatibility
by scorp43 / November 29, 2009 10:53 AM PST

So you are saying the TV Model doesnt matter its the router model which matters
Mine is an Actiontec GT701 WG and about 40' from the TV and wireless adaptor. Is this router compatible and will I be able to access Netflix, Pandora etc?.
I use my laptop without problems using this setup and an internal laptop wireless card. are you saying that when I have the adaptor installed I will also be able to stream to my Laptop?.
Thanks
John

Collapse -
ompatibility
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 4, 2009 2:40 PM PST
In reply to: Compatibility

scorp43,

Allow me to back up and clarify.

The WIS09ABGN will connect to the Blu-Ray player, and that allows the Blu-Ray player to stream from the wireless router to the Blu-Ray player. That content that is streamed is then sent to the television like a regular television signal using HDMI or component.

You should be able to access the widgets wirelessly, but you'll still have to connect the Blu-Ray player to the TV.

As far as PC streaming, yes you can stream from a PC to the Blu-Ray player, which will then also send a cabled (wired) signal to the television's HDMI or component input.

I hope that helps explain. If not, let me know and I'll be happy to explain further.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.