Fellow Techies, the problems
I can watch Blu-ray movies with reasonable consistency, though sometimes have to restart it (off/on) to get sound and picture.
1. The player does NOT respond to most of player remote controls, except off/on and open/close. It does, however, respond to the player controls on the TV remote (also Samsung).
2. The display only ever shows one thing - sometimes 'close', 'play' or 'load' - it rarely changes.
3. It wont 'reset' (on and FF).
4. It wont upgrade - I recall carrying out an upgrade Sep 08 which went fine.
5. It wont enter a menu option at all
I purchased it 9 months ago - but I am not sure when the problems began - looking back, it seems to always have been like this, though that cannot be the case as I am sure I would have sorted it sooner - but I work away from home a great deal and no one tells me anything! For info, I have samsung TV (series 3 or 4 - I think) and samsung AV 620 receiver.
Your favorite shows are back!
Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!