Fellow Techies, the problems
I can watch Blu-ray movies with reasonable consistency, though sometimes have to restart it (off/on) to get sound and picture.
1. The player does NOT respond to most of player remote controls, except off/on and open/close. It does, however, respond to the player controls on the TV remote (also Samsung).
2. The display only ever shows one thing - sometimes 'close', 'play' or 'load' - it rarely changes.
3. It wont 'reset' (on and FF).
4. It wont upgrade - I recall carrying out an upgrade Sep 08 which went fine.
5. It wont enter a menu option at all
I purchased it 9 months ago - but I am not sure when the problems began - looking back, it seems to always have been like this, though that cannot be the case as I am sure I would have sorted it sooner - but I work away from home a great deal and no one tells me anything! For info, I have samsung TV (series 3 or 4 - I think) and samsung AV 620 receiver.
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?