TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-ray Very Hot Temperature Operation

by weaverdd / September 29, 2009 1:07 AM PDT

Anyone noticed the Samsung Blu-ray DVD player model BD-P1500 running very hot tmeprtaure especially on bottom base of unit almost unbearable to the touch ? Will this cause quick deteriation of the unit resulting in failure outside of warranty ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-ray Very Hot Temperature Operation
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-ray Very Hot Temperature Operation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What does it sit on??
by givemeaname / September 29, 2009 2:39 AM PDT

I have that model, it can get hot since the unit it self is one big heat sink. Since I have mine on top of a DVR I had to place 3" spacers to seperate them so heat can vent.

Collapse -
Samsung Blu ray
by weaverdd / September 29, 2009 3:13 AM PDT
In reply to: What does it sit on??

The Samsung Blu ray sits on it's own shelf by itself with 4 inches of air space above the closest Cable Box below. I seperated the two for that very reason but the Samsung Blu ray still gets "very hot". Just curoious if yours gets that hot being you can not leave you hand on the bottom of it more than 1 second ? I have never had a piece of gear that genertaes that much heat whihc can't be good for the life span of the unit. Any other issues you have noticed about this unit ? "Thanks"

Collapse -
I tested mine
by givemeaname / September 29, 2009 6:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Blu ray

I have IR temperature thermometer with range of -27.4 to +420.

Sammy 1500, 15 minutes of run time with a DVD, room temp 71.3.

Top of the player range 83-87
Under the player..
Never the HDMI port, the hottest part, 95-99
Drive 84.3
where the buttons are on the right side 74.6

For comparisons.... (room temp 73.4)
My panasonic bd80k (has a small fan)
top of the player range 73-83
under the player range 85-91

My dual tuner HD DVR 86-105

Collapse -
There are rules about this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 29, 2009 3:29 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.