Question

Samsung BD-EM57

This weekend I purchased the new blu-ray Samsung BD-EM57 because the sales rep told me that with this machine I'll be able to go online using my TV and I'll be able to brows the net. I have tried for several hours with no success. I updated the device and I was able to connect to Smart Hub and Netflix and some of the offered channels however the reason I bought this BD-EM57 is to be able to surf the net on my TV set! Is this possible or should I send it back??

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung BD-EM57
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung BD-EM57
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung BD-EM57

Hi kellz000,

I'm sorry, but it seems you were misled. While the BD-EM57C has many fantastic features, such as the Smart Hub apps platform, it doesn't include the web browser. If that's a crucial feature for you, as you stated, you'll want the BD-EM59C. It's the next step up in the series. Again, I apologize that the information you received was inaccurate.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Re: Samsung BD-EM57

Thank you for the answer!!
I will give try to the suggested BD-EM59C, I hope it will do all that I'm after...
I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Kelly

CNET Forums