Question

Samsung BD-E5900 BDP Streaming Video Failure

I have owned the Samsung BD-E5900 3D Blu-ray Disc Player now since last Christmas and began streaming Netflix video over the Smart Hub about 4 months ago. It had worked nearly flawlessly until this past week.
One evening my wife and I sat down to watch some TV shows and then a movie through Netflix. The shows streamed perfectly but when we tried to load the movie the video did not display properly. It was the correct width but then all scrunched up in about the top 1/8 of the screen.
I tried various streams from the Smart Hub besides Netflix over the past two days and each now has the same issue. I tried changing the various video settings and 'reset' but that same issue still prevails. Netflix is operating fine on my other devices and the streaming video issue seems to be universal for all sources through the Smart Hub.
Any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung BD-E5900 BDP Streaming Video Failure
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung BD-E5900 BDP Streaming Video Failure
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Addendum

I should also point out that my TV is the Samsung UN65E6500 and that the video also normally passes through my Yamaha RX-A3010 a/v receiver. I have tried a direct connection via HDMI from the BDP to the TV and even swapped cables with the same results. Also, standard DVDs and Blu Ray Discs play normally.

- Collapse -
Re: Samsung BD-E5900 BDP Streaming Video Failure

Hi widshilling,

First, may I give my compliments to the depth and breadth of your troubleshooting. Next allow me to suggest that you try changing your aspect ratio settings: set the TV to just scan, which should give you 1:1 pixel matching, meaning it will display exactly what the BD player is outputting. Set the player to 16:9 . If it's still squished, then it will tell us it's a player issue.

Regards,
HD Tech

CNET Forums