Samsung forum

General discussion

samsung BD-C6800 gateway ping error

by SirJoe2 / January 8, 2011 12:13 AM PST

I have a samsung bluray reader BD-C6800. I have a modem and a router. The bd reader on Net test shows:
Mac address: OK
IP address,gateway, subnet mask,DNS server: OK
Gateway PING: ERROR
on same net point, if I connet with PC is OK!
same if I try with WLAN
HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung BD-C6800 gateway ping error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung BD-C6800 gateway ping error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
gateway ping error
by epic1 / January 18, 2011 9:11 AM PST

I too have had problems getting around the gateway ping error. I finally figured it out by disabling my Wireless Security i.e. WEP. I tried entering everything in manually, but would get stopped at the Gateway Ping.

Then I went back into my BD-C6500 set up screen.

This is what I did:
Go to the Settings screen> Initial Settings> Language (English)> Start> 16:9 Normal> Wireless (It searches and finds the Network)> HomeNet X (I choose my network)> Choose yours (Connecting to wireless network)> OK> Auto not Manual> It does its test:

? Mac Address
? IP Address
? Gateway Ping
? Internet Service Test

Your network is operating properly.> OK

And your now connected.

I'm now going to try and put the WEP Security back up on my Apple Extreme and post back if it works or not.

Collapse -
Follow up.
by epic1 / January 22, 2011 5:10 AM PST
In reply to: gateway ping error

After trying many combination's to get the WEP security password to no avail, I tried using the recommended WPA2 Personal Wireless Security.

I changed the Wireless Security to WPA2 Personal, gave it a new password (8 to 63 ASCII characters). I then selected Encryption Type: WPA2 Only and set Group Key Timeout: to 10000 minutes and hit OK.

I then went back to the Settings screen> Initial Settings> and followed the prompts like above and it is now working just fine with Wireless Security.

Good luck.

Collapse -
good info
by my-tech / January 24, 2011 4:23 AM PST
In reply to: Follow up.

nice , glad you got it working Happy

this may help alot of others

Collapse -
I still cant connect using the same process - Please help
by Altorx / January 26, 2011 2:56 AM PST
In reply to: good info

I have a BD-C6800. I tried Auto and it wasnt connecting. So I put it in Manual and filled all values. Now this is what is happening

MAC Address - Ok
IP, Subnet, Gateway, DNS - Ok
Gateway Ping - X

I even changed my router's setting Authentication to WPA2-PSK from its earlier WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK which caused the encryption to be TKIP+AES. Now it is just AES.

Can someone PPPPlease help?

Collapse -
samsung db-6800
by forgacscl / February 21, 2011 6:05 AM PST

i too am having the same problem. i have a westall versilink 327w from my dsl provider(Verizon). I have not had any problems hooking up anything else except the new blu ray player. i hooked up 3 laptops and 2 wii systems without any problem at all. I even tried to use a cisco wireless n router to the player itself with all the hookups and still get the same message with the gateway pink . i am ready to return the player to the store where i bought it and just take my wii game into my room. it should not be this hard. Can someone help.

Collapse -
Resolved forever
by Altorx / March 6, 2011 9:15 AM PST
In reply to: samsung db-6800

The 5th post was mine but no so-called samsung "tech" experts ever had the courtesy to troubleshoot it. I troubleshot my own way. Please try this - Here is how it works.
1) Go with Manual Setup of the Player's settings for your Home's network - the SSID and Password
2) Before you go to the details of IP Address, Subnet etc, go to your PC (any of your laptops or PCs that can connect to Internet thru your router), Click Start button, type Run and in that popup box, type cmd to run the MSDOS Prompt. When that DOS Prompt comes up, just type IPCONFIG/ALL. A Whole bunch of data is displayed. Scroll up till you see the whole information - subnet mask, Gateway, DNS Server etc. It will also display the IP Address of that Laptop/PC.
3) In the IP Address Boxes of the Samsung player, type the value that is atleast 10 digits over the IP Address of the value the IPCONFIG displayed (If the IP Address of your Laptop/PC is 192.168.1.100, in the Box type 192.168.1.110).
4) Subnet mask is most usually 255.255.255.0 (or type the value the IPCONFIG DOS Prompt showed
5) The Gateway box, type the value that IPCONFIG showed -typically it will be 192.168.1.1
6) For the DNS Server, it will be usually 71.242.0.12 or 71.252.0.12 (or simply use the value from IPCONFIG display Except 192.168.1.1).

Now test the Network. I am sure it will be resolved.

Collapse -
Where can I find my BD-C6800 mac address?
by jgarza00 / July 12, 2011 5:19 PM PDT
In reply to: Resolved forever

My wireless router is setup to only allow access to mac addresses I specify. Where can I find my Samsung BD-C6800 mac address?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.