General discussion

Samsung B450 and C450 comparison

Samsung's B450 and C450 are similar plasma TV models. But which is the better model?

Samsung's website shows some features present in both models, but it's not clear which model has more or better features. Some features listed on the older (2009) B450 are not explicitly mentioned on the newer (2010) C450, and vice-versa. Does the C450 have all the features found in the B450, along with additional or better technologies?

I hope someone can confirm if the following features are present in both the B450 and C450:
1. ULTRA CLEAR PANEL
2. CONNECTSHARE MOVIE
3. ANTI BURN-IN TECHNOLOGY
4. FILTERBRIGHT
5. DOLBY DIGITAL

I've already emailed Samsung about this, but no one has given me a clear answer. They just re-direct me to their website.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung B450 and C450 comparison
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung B450 and C450 comparison
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

jvvyvr,

For the 2010 PN50C450,
1. Ultra Clear Panel is an LCD technology.
2. ConectShare JPEG
3. All our panels have Anti-Burn in Technology
4. E3 Clear Panel (improved to FilterBrite)
5. Not Dolby Digital.
http://www.samsung.com/us/system/consumer/product/2010/03/18/pn50c450b1dxza/6007_Plasma_C450_50_V2.pdf

PN50B450 (2009)
1. Ultra Clear Panel is an LCD technology.
2. WiseLink JPEG.
3. All Samsung Plasma panels have anti-burn technology
4. E-Panel with FilterBrite)
5. Not Dolby Digital
http://www.samsung.com/us/system/consumer/product/2009/05/06/pn50b450b1dxza/PN50B450_spec.pdf

I'm sorry there was a delay with your answer. I hope I was able to address your concerns here.

--HDTech

- Collapse -

Thanks for the info. That was very helpful.

If Ultra Clear Panel is an LCD technology, does this mean it's not present on plasma TVs? The C450 page on Samsung's website however lists Ultra Clear Panel as one of its features: http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/plasma-tv/PN42C450B1DXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&returnurl=

Meantime, the B450 specifications page on the Samsung Canadian website lists "SRS TruSurrond HD & Dolby Digital" as its Sound Output:
http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/tv-video/tv/plasma/PN42B450B1DXZC/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec

Does this mean there are errors on the websites?

- Collapse -

jvvyvr,

I'm not familiar with Canada's product lineup. I can't speak on if Dolby is supported in that region's product lineup. I can only speak on US products.

UltraClear is an LCD technology. I apologize for the confusion.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
ConnectShare vs Wiselink

Which is the better, ConnectShare or Wiselink? Can you discuss the differences between them? Thanks.

- Collapse -
ConnectShare vs Wiselink

jvvyvr,

I'm looking into this.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
E3 Clear Panel vs E-Panel

Hi, again! Is this just a typo error or are these two things altogether? If they are not the same, can you discuss the differences between the two? Thanks.

- Collapse -
E3 Clear Panel vs E-Panel

jvvyvr,

This year's panel is an E3 panel.

The E3-panel single filter design delivers improved performance in the areas of color saturation, contrast and energy efficiency.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
B450 - DTV tuner

Does having a built-in digital tuner mean that the B450 is already capable of receiving HD signals, without the need of connecting to a digital receiver)?

- Collapse -
B450 - DTV tuner

jvvyvr,

That is correct. No additional tuner is necessary for OTA broadcasts.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info