Question

Samsung B2230HD screen went blank after connecting to laptop

I opened up my new TV today, and after discovering that my coax jack in the wall doesn't work (i.e. I didn't receive any chanells) I decided to see if I could watch videos from my laptop (2007 asus running XP). I couldn't get that to work (the screen was black), so I unplugged the D-sub cable from the TV. When I tried to switch back to TV mode, nothing happened. Now the only button that does anything is the power button.
I have tried everything on the support site, including contacting customer service (who, as usual, told me to repeat all of the things I had already done), who ended up telling me that I need to have it serviced. I've literally had this TV for 6 hours, is there really no other option?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung B2230HD screen went blank after connecting to laptop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung B2230HD screen went blank after connecting to laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Factory reset/ then try another input source

First perform a factory reset if possible. Then, connect a simlple DVD player, etc. to the HDTV and see if that works. If so, it's likely another issue, potentially with your laptop. Sometimes getting the video output settings just right can take a little futzing IME.

- Collapse -
Answer
Just a second. Isn't that a monitor with a tuner?

And if the On Screen Display or setup fails, why not pack it up and return it as defective?

CNET Forums