Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung B series plasma buzz class action suit

I will be looking to seek legal counsel to form a class action suit against Samsung to acknowledge and fix the loud buzzing that comes from these panels.

I will keep you updated on the progress. The support from samsung is abysmal and the failure to acknowledge a problem exists unacceptable.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung B series plasma buzz class action suit
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung B series plasma buzz class action suit
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung B series plasma buzz class action suit

In reply to: Samsung B series plasma buzz class action suit

mmoran27,

Why not call Samsung's Executive Consumer Relations Department at 800-SAMSUNG? If you have a transaction number, I'd like for someone to review your case.

--HDTech

Collapse -
EXEC CUST RELATIONS

DUDE, trust me, after dealing with EXEC CUST RELATIONS for almost 3 months and trying to pull the wool over my eyes, it was a total waste of time, move on to higer beings and lets try and get this resolved.

Collapse -
I am dealing with them now to try and get my money refunded.

In reply to: EXEC CUST RELATIONS

I will still see if I can find someone who will take this case to a higher level so that Samsung does the right thing for all owners of their products.

Collapse -
Same Issue Here

I am extremely frustrated with Samsung as well.

Under warranty I was delivered a new PN58B650S1FXZA Plasma on Septmer 29th. I inspected the unit for physcial defects when the delivery guys where there and quikcy flipped on the screen to make sure it came on. Everything looked great.

After they left I watched a 30 minute program and heard a constant buzzing noise coming from the front of the screen. It's worse in some areas of the room and can be heard from at least as far back as 10 feet. I live in Minnesota there are no eleveation issues and I had a Samsung PN58A650 (2008 model) that did not have this horrible buzzing sound issue. It's to the point of giving me a headache when watching it.

I call ECR and they said I have to go through a repair process. Based on everything I have read there is no "FIX". I called the Samsung authorized repair company here in Minneapolis and they don't have much hope of a fix either.

I really just want my money back at this point or switch to a Samsung LCD model that does not buzz. The picture is stellar on this TV. If there was no buzz I would love it as I think it's the best picture I have ever seen on a set.

Looking for advice on what to do.

Collapse -
Same Issue Here Part 2

Samsung Tech my transaction number with ECR is 4005612803 on this issue.

Collapse -
Same Issue Here Part 3

Both support and ECR both state this is no information of anyone having a buzzing noise coming from these new tvs. It's going to be hard to fix something that is not being acknowledged at this point.

Hoping you can provide some help Samsung Tech. Again my case number is 4005612803.

At this point I would rather exchange for the 55 inch LCD with no buzzing and be done with all of this. It's been a long process.

Collapse -
Do they speak english at ECR or is it like the Canadian

Office of the President where, based on their email response, they apparently can't read or compose a literate reply. They certainly failed to demonstrated any intelligence or ability to comprehend information provided proving there is a problem with the capacitors on the power boards for many owners' LCD/plasma televisions? The call centre is no better with their claims of no knowledge of an issue with the capacitors.

Collapse -
Thank You!

Its about time someone took action. I have called samsung because I can hear my 58 inch plasma from 15 feet away with the volume up. They told me they had not heard of any problems... WHAT!!! there are forums all over the internet talking about it. I want a different set and if I can not get one I will go out of my way to let consumers know the truth about Samsung.

Collapse -
Strong Support for Your Lawsuit

In reply to: Thank You!

There is a long-running disussion with almost 1500 posts on this subject, link below. I own one of these sets and I would love to see formal action. I'm also willing to help, and I'm sure that a number of others at AVS would as well.

For the gentleman from Samsung, I welcome your input. If Samsung is truly unaware of this widespread issue, please make them aware.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1144869

Collapse -
Count me in!

Please keep this thread updated with your progress!

I dont know much about a class action suit, are you able to accept input from Australian customers?

If you create a website to attract potential class action participants and help build your case, send me a message and we can work soemthing out with hosting.

Collapse -
I aleady sent you my number in another message.

I am also dealing with ECR trying to get my money refunded.

Collapse -
Update - I got contacted by some Class Action firm

In reply to: I aleady sent you my number in another message.

I am providing information to them about the issue and once they hav enough information they will decide whether or not they want to take this on.

If they need input from others let me know ans I can have them contact you.

Collapse -
SAME BUZZING

In reply to: Update - I got contacted by some Class Action firm

I have the same buzzing sound on my PN58B860 and they already replaced one screen. If those attorneys need more info, I'll volunteer , join, sign me up....whatever it takes. Please keep us updated on this.

Collapse -
Class Action

I am in the same process. I am an attorney, but I practice in the public sector, so a Class Action is not something I can do myself. Consequently, if I want to explore the Class Action route, I'll have to retain private counsel the same as anybody else. If I file a simple civil lawsuit in order to address just my own situation, I will handle it myself. I've had three televisions and two of them have had their panel replaced and every one of them sounded like I was sitting in front of a beehive. I've now requested a refund from Samsung and am awaiting their response. If they refuse, we will go to court. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess.

Collapse -
Class Action

In reply to: Class Action

BTW, before the second replacement TV, I asked if they would just substitute an LCD model and they refused. To me, although I didn't want to see this at first, it seems that Samsung is just going to stonewall the problem. That's why I think we will eventually end up in court.

Collapse -
SAMSUNG CLASS ACTION - PLASMA BUZZ

In reply to: Class Action

I, too, believe a class action lawsuit should be initiated against Samsung for their deceitful and fraudulent handling of a defective product - the B860 plasma. I have email confirmation from product technical support that there is no fix for the B860 and they are investigating it now, yet refuse to refund consumer's money. As an attorney in New York, I believe Samsung may be in contravention of several consumer protection laws with regards to faulty misrepresentations of warranty. I have called Executive Customer Relations now 4 times and they refuse to create a return authorization for this product since it has not been recalled or declared permanently defective by a repair center who is completely uniwlling to ackowledge the issue and is so under the control of Samsung, that they are a complete and utter accomplice to this fraudulent process.

It is an outright travesty at how both my cousin (owns a defective buzzing PN50B860) and I (PN58B860 - defective buzzing) have been treated by Samsung ECS. All interaction with them has been recorded and can be subpoenaed if necessary.

I hope whoever Samsung's representative is on this forum could relay the gravity of the situation to those in the Office of the President to settle the injustice Samsung is doing to its customers.

Collapse -
Oh No!

In reply to: SAMSUNG CLASS ACTION - PLASMA BUZZ

Man I am researching this TV because Samsung is replacing my FPT5084 under warranty. First they offered me a B650 but I don't like the red Touch of Color. So I called them a said I saw a B850 and liked that one so the guy offered me a 860 instead. I haven't accepted it yet because I have questions regarding warranty on a replacement and also if the one they are offering is a refurb. Does anybody not have a noise problem? Is it just luck that you don't?

Collapse -
been through 3 of them in 2 months

In reply to: Oh No!

Best Buy has been great with the 30 day return policy, however, I have been through 3 Samsungs in 2 months because of this STUPID buzzing.... the picture is good and I tried to ignore it, but I can not anymore... Samsung needs to acknowledge the buzzing. Either return the sets or let us exchange for new ones. how can they keep selling these things??

Collapse -
Samsung is finally picking up my TV today - No more buzz

In reply to: been through 3 of them in 2 months

I don't have the set anymore and am awaiting my refund check.

So the class action suit is cancelled because I am no longer a victim.

I would rather get my money refunded than wait 2-3 years and live with the buzz.

Good luck to you that have this issue.

Collapse -
Refund

In reply to: Samsung is finally picking up my TV today - No more buzz

I finally received a refund a couple of weeks ago after making it clear--and convincing Samsung, I suppose--that I intended to file a lawsuit if they didn't agree to a refund. Frankly, I had the complaint all drawn up and was ready to file it when they agreed. I am so glad to be done with Samsung. I know that losing one customer means nothing to them, but I can't myself buying anything with the Samsung name on it ever again. I now believe that they epitomize everything amoral in the business world. Good riddance.

Collapse -
Canada is also buzzing .....

Bought the series 8 (B850) just before Christmas ... not only does it buzz but it appears to radiate some signal as radio/intercom (which is on seperate circuit about 10 feet away) starts to buzz as soon as the flat screen is turned on. I have noted that the buzz gets louder in proportion to the presence of "white" on the screen.

Geo-G

Collapse -
same issue samsung pn50b 850

In reply to: Canada is also buzzing .....

having same issue, I watch a lot of tv with my wireless headphones. My headphones now have an extreamly loud buzzing noise, I get head aches. My Tv hums loudly I tryed lowering the contrast, still have such a hum, its only 1 week old. I don't how much longer I'm going to be able to stand this.

plasma 850 series 50"

Collapse -
Samsung 58" plasma buzzing.

Purchased 58" samsung plasma 1/29/10 for superbowl. Climatized the t.v., always kept it upright, and followed all installation precautions. TV has unbelievable picture quality- superbowl was great - then we watched a regular movie and I heard the BUZZ especially on quiet scenes, but no one else in the room could. When I moved to different location, I could no longer hear the BUZZ. After doing some online research I found others had the same problem.

Called Samsung and they sent 2 repairmen over. One was tone deff and the other could only hear high and low tones and neither could here the BUZZ. The repairmen where very nice and worked with 4 non biased persons and myself to determine the problem. Using blankets they muffled sounds from the fan, power supply, screen, and used the mute mode.

Conclusion: There is a BUZZ coming off the sceen in a perpendicular fashion. You cannot hear the BUZZ if you put your head near the ceiling or floor or move 3 feet to the left or right of the center line. The BUZZ can be heard at least 14 feet back. Once people where cued in to the BUZZ it was almost intolerable. It seemed to annoy the younger people (better hearing?) much more.

The repairman called samsung and was told there was nothing they could do. I don't feel that we should have to give up the 3 best seats in the house do to a BUZZing sound. I was hoping for some simple fix. Any suggestions?

Collapse -
Samsung 50 in Plasma TV stop working during a football game

I'm very interested in the class action lawsuit thing because after spending almost $2,000 on a Samsung 50 in plasma back in August 2007, today my TV has no picture and now the sound is gone too! I'm single hardly ever home, so my TV might had a years worth of use in the three years of owning it. This TV is still like new, but it don't work!

I'm thinking about launching a class action lawsuit against Samsung Corporation. There are way too many complaints out there for my situation to be an isolated case. I should not have to spend $2000 for another TV set 3 years later because my TV quit working! Repairing my old TV technology is too expensive and not worth the cost when considering the problem could happen again. The bottom-line Samsung should replace my TV with a new one. Meanwhile, I'm warning all my friends about Samsung TV's LCD, DLP, Plasma and LED. Don't buy them the picture looks real good, but the reliability is well below average...!

Collapse -
Samsung FPT 5084 Buzz and Power Supply Failure

In reply to: Samsung 50 in Plasma TV stop working during a football game

I've had my Samsung 50" Plasma for 2.5 years. The power supply went out after a year. They repaired it under warranty. Now the power suppler failed again. I called and they told me my TV is now out of warranty, and they would be happy to book a repair call at my own expense.

They also denied this was a problem with their TVs.

Oh, and my TV also buzzes as well.

This is unacceptable. I would definitely be interested in a class action lawsuit.

In the mean time I will do my best to make sure nobody I know buys a Samsung TV set. Facebook, forums, word of mouth, etc. I will also be contacting the BBB and the New York State Attorney General.

Collapse -
Samsung needs another class action suit

Bought a Samsung Plazma pn60f8500af 60 in plazma in March 2014 and it stopped working completley. Out of one year warranty. Nothing they can or will do about it. Sounds like nothing has changed since last suit in 2012!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.