General discussion

Samsung 900x3c Ultrabook, overheated and batery dead

Hi,

I bought a brand new 900x3c Ultrabok and it lasted me a week but last night i noticed it was too hot and this morning i kept getting messages about that battery being bad. It now no longer works on batery and won't recharge.Battery Bar app shows Wear at 74% capacity 0
It has been on a flat surface at all times.

I expected a thin ultrabook to overheat, you would expect some heat due to small fans, but not to fry the battery in one week,that's just bad design.

My problem is that there is no Samsung service center in my country so it's making things harder.

Any idea how to replace/fix it under warranty in Cyprus?

thanks,

/J

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung 900x3c Ultrabook, overheated and batery dead
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung 900x3c Ultrabook, overheated and batery dead
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
RE:

Hello there,

Did you solve your issue? I know Electroline (Alpas) here in Cyprus are offering Samsung support. I am thinking to buy the same laptop from UK. I already have a macbook and i know apple service support here in CY is excellent. please advice about Samsung support.

Thanks

- Collapse -
na

I sent it to dubai with a friend to have have battery replaced under warrenty.

The 900x3C has faster cpu than 900x3B (UK) . It gets tooooo hot even when idle. MAYBE because of damaged battery. Otherwise it's AWESOME Happy

CNET Forums