General discussion

Samsung 8000

I recently purchased this tv, but cannot get it to recognize my Panasonic Blue Ray. When going to Anynet+, it will turn on the Blue Ray, but the message says "HDMI settings are reset because a new HDMI device is connected. It is recommended to execute the Setup Navigator from the setup screen to change the HDMI settings. Press Display to clear this message". The Blue Ray message reads "Resume" but I cannot get any futher with this and my Blue Ray will not play. What am I not doing?
Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung 8000
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung 8000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung 8000

Kricketman,

Anynet+ is a Samsung technology, and it may be conflicting with the Panasonic player. I would recommend that you try disabling Anynet+ on the TV to see if you're able to get the proper performance of the Blu-Ray player.

Does that help?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
SAMSUNG 8000

Thanks. I disabled it and still get a big grey overscreen with messages. The dvd "play" screen for the movie I have in appears under it but I cannot get the player to play nor do I know how to remove the grey overscreen and move forward. Any ideas?

- Collapse -
SAMSUNG 8000

Kricketman,

I'm not sure, as it's likely the player holding up on the issue.

Try pressing the FF>> or F> button on the remote to see if you can get past that. Or a Title Menu button, if there is one on the remote for the player.

--HDTech

CNET Forums