Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung 6400 LED TV @Internet TV Issue

by narind3r / February 25, 2011 10:37 AM PST

I was able to use samsung internet apps just fine until yesterday. All of a sudden when I click on samsung apps it shows network interference occurred. I am still able to strem netflix, youtube etc... just not able to download/ access new apps.

I have already reset the TV, modem, router and nothing has worked.

I don't think it's a firewall issue since everything was working just fine until yesterday.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung 6400 LED TV @Internet TV Issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung 6400 LED TV @Internet TV Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same issue: UNC6500 LED TV
by DJRumpy / February 25, 2011 11:09 AM PST

I'm having the same issue. Worked fine prior to this evening, but now it's failing. The odd thing is that Netflix works fine, but attempting to test the network setting reports an immediate error "network interference" as does clicking on the Samsung Apps (although the Apps option takes a bit longer to return the error.

Is there some sort of system maintenance or whatever Samsung is fond of calling outages going on?

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 25, 2011 1:01 PM PST

narind3r,

I just tested one of the test TVs here. It's working as far as I can see. But keep me posted.

For network interference messages, try turning off the TV, turning it back on and waiting 30 seconds to let the TV connect to the router first. Not always, but sometimes that error is due to switching to Internet@TV before the TV connects to the router and acquires the signal.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by narind3r / February 25, 2011 7:44 PM PST

That didn't help. I removed the tv from the network and ran the failed network test. Turned off the tv for 1 min, turned it back on and connected the network. I can still stream netflix without any issues but cannot access internet apps.

Is there another way apps can be downloaded to the tv?

Collapse -
Network Interferance error here also
by whiteyNJ / February 26, 2011 2:40 AM PST

Just connected a brand new LN46C650 (wired into LAN, not wireless). Netflix and othe pre-installed Apps work fine, but no access to Samsung Apps area.

Collapse -
Yep. Apps appears to be down
by DJRumpy / February 26, 2011 4:23 AM PST

Netflix works fine. Network test works fine, but Apps fails with the interference error.

I did have an update available, which I installed, but no changes.

Collapse -
Same Here
by jamanatu / February 26, 2011 6:03 AM PST

Apps and network test not working.

Collapse -
Same Here as well
by gillisglen / February 26, 2011 12:09 PM PST
In reply to: Same Here

I am seeing the same thing with my TV as well. I called support and they said it was because I don't have enough bandwidth. I find that very funny as I'm a Network Manager and have a link that exceeds the requirements for the TV. I can actually download and did tonight a code upgrade without a problem. I get the very same message which started on 2 days ago (24th) it worked fine right up until then.

I think there is something wrong with the server on their end but they don't want hear it or fix it.

Collapse -
Samsung apps
by gbmj96 / February 26, 2011 6:27 AM PST

I am getting the "network interference try again later"message I have chat with samsung they just say wait until later, this has been going on for a couple of days no solution insight. I can now download any apps besides the ones they came with the tv,
Any solutions...

Collapse -
Try Again Later
by fzendell / February 28, 2011 11:15 PM PST
In reply to: Samsung apps

I am getting the same exact message and it has been going on for 3 days. Samsung tech says to create & sign up for an Apps account. This feature has worked for two months w/o any apps account, why now is it telling me to "try again later"? All my free internet apps on screen are working.

Collapse -
Network interference with samsung apps
by bhushan2k0 / February 26, 2011 1:12 PM PST

Yes, it started happening since Feb 23rd... The live samsung chat support, just had me run the network test, which came out successful. can still use all the installed apps. Worried as willow.tv is going to release the cricket app in a couple of days.. and will miss it and cricket on tv, if this issue with samsung apps continues... Is there any other way to download samsung apps to the TV..

Collapse -
Network interference occurred!
by stangn99 / February 26, 2011 4:03 PM PST

I'm getting this as well. It started on the 25th for me (did not try to access the apps prior to the 25th).
I've tried the following:

- updating my WNDR3700 router firmware - no luck
- disable firewalls, etc - no luck
- hooked up modem directly to the TV via Cat5e cable - no luck
- Manually assign IP address - no luck
- Turn off TV, wait, turn on tv, wait, then try Internet@TV - no luck

Tried everything basically. Netflix and all apps already installed on the TV work fine, but I am not able to browse any additional apps.

I have a feeling Samsung server may be down/maintenance.

My product is a Samsung C650 LCD 46" TV.

Collapse -
Same issue
by veganomics / February 27, 2011 1:48 AM PST

Not sure when it started, probably Feb. 23rd., but I get the same error message when trying to access Samsung Apps or checking network speed. Everything else works fine.

Collapse -
Network interference occurred
by richardclapp73 / February 27, 2011 3:18 AM PST

I have been getting this since Friday the 25th. Accessing Samsung Apps for download the night before worked fine, now I get the Network interference occurred message.

Samsung model UN46C6400RFXZA

Actions taken:

-Reset router and updated firmware on the router.
-ISP replaced my router
-Reset TV several times to the defaults and rebooted\
-I have verified connectivity, and proper DHCP addressing
-Samsung blames the ISP, I blame Samsung.
-I directly asked Samsung Tier 2 support to verify that their apps server was functioning properly.

I still am receiving the message.

Collapse -
Samsung finally admits to server being down. 2/27/11
by richardclapp73 / February 27, 2011 3:31 AM PST

Apparently this service is not working because of something to do with 2011 model TV's. They are trying to fix the service because the apps server does not work with both the 2010 and 2011 models. They have known for several days, but tier 2 apparently did not want to convey this Friday. I told them how I felt about that, and that it was poor customer service.

Collapse -
Minor solution
by sonicuniverse / July 23, 2011 12:29 PM PDT

I have installed many internet@TV and SmartTv products. When I run into a dropped connection problem or the standard "network interferance problem" I use my smartphone ( Galaxy S ) as a 'router' ( using the Mobile AP app ) to connect the tv or bluray player to the internet via my 3G service. So far it has worked flawlessly every time. This tells me that the problem lies in the security settings of the router or the router itself is not up to date for other reasons.

On one occassion I had taken one clients bluray player back to work ( Samsung BDD6500 ) to try on a brand new Linksys E3000 and it worked instantly and had no problems the entire day I tested it.

I have had some clients get newer routers to successfully solve their problems, but I am still bothered by the unkown reasons of certain routers to disallow these devices to connect to the internet.

As for playing the blame game. I've never ended up with a defective bluray player or tv so that points the finger at the router and or service provider. Also if you look at the network status, on the player or TV, after a 'network interferance' prompt you will, no doubt, see that the device is in fact connected to the router successfully. Which means the router can see the device and that there is a 'block' at the door to the internet.

Is it possible that the ISP does not want you to use Netflix? Too much bandwidth and/or loss of revenue from their own movie rental service....Kinda makes you go hmm.

Collapse -
willow.tv
by GeoffSri / March 2, 2011 9:50 PM PST

My Samsung TV does not support Apps, but I have a Blue Ray DVD that has APPS on it like Youtube, Netflix. Do you know when the Willow TV App will be released, I hope before the 2011 Cricket world cup is over. At precent I have to watch cricet on a Laptop connected to the TV.

Collapse -
willow.tv update
by r_banerji / March 3, 2011 3:25 AM PST
In reply to: willow.tv

Here's the most recent response from willow tv on the subject.
Our application to Samsung had been submitted several days back, and they have fast tracked it through their internal Quality Check process. The delay was because Samsung's internal policies require a thorough vetting of the quality of the app, desired user behavior and stability. Samsung has extremely strict guidelines on product reliability, and they have finally informed us that they expect to see the Willow App released on their App Store as a Free download for Willow World Cup subscribers by early next week.

Collapse -
was down at least two days, now working
by partridge21 / February 27, 2011 3:18 AM PST

Like the other posters, since yesterday, my Samsung Blue Ray BD-C5500 was unable to access internet@TV & Vudu (my system hung on "installing") but did not have problems with Netflix or Pandora. I fiddled with the simpler fixes and gave up after an hour or two when my wife persuaded me to go for a nice walk to the beach. When I came back everything was working fine. So either Samsung fixed the problem from their end or going away from the TV and doing something enjoyable seems to be the solution to this problem.

Collapse -
Still not working
by bharathani / February 27, 2011 4:47 AM PST

Mine started on 25th and is still not working.

Collapse -
Intermittent
by partridge21 / February 27, 2011 5:15 AM PST
In reply to: Still not working

Worked for a while as noted in my post above. Now no joy. Back to the beach.

Collapse -
Same deal with my TV.
by extratimepk / February 27, 2011 9:13 AM PST
In reply to: Intermittent

I just got my new LN46C650 on Feb 25th and can say that the Samsung Apps has never worked for me out of the box. The pre-installed apps work fine. It's just when I click on the Samsung Apps button, I get the network interference message. I've tried turning the TV off and on, installing the firmware update, resetting the router and modem, disabling the firewall... nothing worked. I emailed Samsung customer service and that was also a big load of help. Here's what I got:

"We understand that while attempting to log into Samsung Apps store, a network interference message is
applied and all other Internet Apps work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We recommend you disable firewall on modem and try logging to Samsung App store.

If the message is still displayed, we recommend you contact our Tier2 department at 800-726-7864 and they
are available 9:00am - 9:00pm Eastern, Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 7:00pm Eastern, Saturday and Sunday. "

Terrific. The TV's been great so far... just this last bit of business and I'll be completely set.

Collapse -
Samsung LN46C650 LCD @internet tv issue
by chowdary77 / February 27, 2011 10:18 AM PST

I bought 650 series LCD Tv. and internet @tv failing. with "Network interference occured error".

So i bought new Samsung bluray player and it is connected to apps and i am able to download apps and netflix/youtube streaming is fine.

It looks the latest software updated on TVs casuing this issue..

But pity is samsung support folks has no clue why this error coming.

I hope samsung is loking at this issue.

Collapse -
Samsung app update forthcoming
by steve1672 / February 27, 2011 12:01 PM PST

I have a 2010 UN46C6500. I too have been having the exact same issues mentioned in this thread. Today when I accessed @TV Internet, AKA the widgets, I noticed a small service message in the advertising pane to the left middle of the screen. It's quick, but repeats. It states that there will be service to Samsung Apps on March 2nd between 1 and 2 AM PST to "ensure that you have a quality experience." Hah. I'd settle for *any* experience at this point! So, hang tight folks since it looks like somebody is working on this.

Collapse -
Samsung apps
by gbmj96 / February 27, 2011 10:05 PM PST

Well I certainly hope this will be fixed because it is a great TV but
the apps have barely worked since we purchased this TV 3 weeks ago,
I think their response to this issue has been extremely slow and not
the best customer service.

Collapse -
Same issue
by meddle999 / February 28, 2011 2:19 AM PST

I have the same problem. Things break. I accept that. What makes me mad is when it is denied. When I called tech support last night they tried to blame my Internet connection even though they new it was a server problem. Why do companies think they can simply treat customers like children with checkbooks?

Collapse -
Same issue
by chowdary77 / February 28, 2011 5:31 AM PST
In reply to: Same issue

Samsung Service folks called me and told there is firmware to be updated. that can be found on samsung.com

i will try that and update

Collapse -
Unlikely
by extratimepk / February 28, 2011 5:43 AM PST
In reply to: Same issue

I'm just guessing here, bu tthat firmware update is from February 21. Unless there's a newer update, this isn't going to fix it.

Collapse -
Time for a fix
by steve1672 / February 28, 2011 6:09 AM PST
In reply to: Unlikely

I suspect that there will:

A: Definitely be a "fix" on the server side of things. I had an older version of the firmware from a few months back with which I could not access the app "store." I then upgraded the firmware over my *working* wired network connection and still could not access the app "store." I got the same error message about network interference. I strongly believe that this is a problem with there infrastructure, not the TVs.

B: However, to address this problem there might also need to be a firmware upgrade in conjunction with whatever server fixes that Samsung puts in place.

I have undergraduate and grad degrees in Computer Science and work with sophisticated commercial and defense software and IT infrastructure. To have tier 1 and 2 support blame my network or router configuration is laughable. They just don't seem to understand that the TV is connected to the network just fine and with a well over 6 Mb/sec pipe feeding it. There is no "interference." The only interference is Samsung customer service failing to provide a real answer while they scramble to figure out what's wrong.

Collapse -
Same Problems
by HarrisonCrow / February 28, 2011 9:10 AM PST
In reply to: Time for a fix

I just purchased my TV on 2/27/11 and am having similar issues to those posted above. I purchased this TV (LED Series 6000) mainly for the internet apps, but they have been sporadically working at best. Samsung Apps does work for me occasionally, but I have to be very patient with it.

Have you all noticed other connectivity issues? It seems as though my TV is dropping connection often when I am watching Netflix, and in fact it has difficulty starting the program at least 50 percent of the time. Additionally, I have to reconnect my internet manually almost every time I turn the TV on (reset network information). I have checked all of my settings and have no idea what else could be causing this other than the issues surrounding Samsungs server.

Collapse -
Samsung Rep
by extratimepk / February 28, 2011 10:15 AM PST
In reply to: Same Problems

Where's the Samsung rep with any kind of a response for all of this...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?