HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

Samsung 55" UN55D6000SFXZA Blinking Red Light

by cnville / December 2, 2013 10:01 PM PST

My 2 year old LED/LCD is no longer showing a picture. Only seeing a red blinking light in lower right corner. Unsure if I should replace power supply board or another board. Seeking help diagnosing problem.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung 55" UN55D6000SFXZA Blinking Red Light
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung 55" UN55D6000SFXZA Blinking Red Light
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
I've the same problem no display
by noida123 / January 5, 2015 9:13 AM PST

**Summary**: I've changed the main board, Power Supply board still no display for the exact same model.
Should I attempt to change the T-CON board??

**Detailed**
I'd called a Samsung authorized technician for in-house diagnostic (charged me $70), he was no help at-all, he unplugged few connectors, replaced the power supply board with one he was carrying and finally after 10 mins said its the main board issue and need to be replaced. In his paper work he was not willing to mentioned that the main board is the problem, that shows he was not confident.

I went ahead and ordered the main board and tried it out today and it also does not seems to fix the issue, I still see red blinking red light, my samsung UN55D60000SFXZA is 2 yr old, bought it from best buy.

I'm not sure should I consider it a loss and trash the TV or try to replace few more parts hoping it will fix it.

Samsung technician should have more diagnostic tool set.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
No tech I know does that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 2, 2013 10:22 PM PST

You could see what the service manual tells to do next. But no tech offers more than arrange for service because they learn fast folk are very unhappy if the guess is wrong.
Bob

Collapse -
by cnville / December 2, 2013 10:51 PM PST

The service manual doesn't offer much help. I am fully capable of performing some diagnostics given some guidance.

Collapse -
Then use the old tech advice.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 2, 2013 10:54 PM PST

Replace the cheapest part first. You followed the service manual and that failed, your other techs are not sure so use the old tech advice on what to swap next.
Bob

Collapse -
by cnville / December 2, 2013 11:08 PM PST

Thanks for the advice, but I was hoping for a little more guidance. I'd have to check return policy on boards because I'd want to return it if it did not fix problem. I was hoping someone else may have seen this problem.

Collapse -
One last thing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 2, 2013 11:13 PM PST

Sometimes shopjimmy offers advice. Rare but can happen. However you are asking where to place the mark on what part is bad. See "Understanding Engineers #4 - Coming out of Retirement" at http://www.i18nguy.com/engineers.html

For years I've seen the shops swap the most suspect part and it not always fix it. They move to the next part until it's fixed. This can really upset those new to service.
Bob

Collapse -
by cnville / December 10, 2013 10:24 AM PST
In reply to: One last thing.

I spoke with shop jimmy. They told me it was likely the power supply board. They said if I disconnect the main board from the power supply board, plug in the power supply board, then I should see lights in the screw holes if the PS is good. I ran the test and no lights. So, I purchased a power supply board and installed it. Still having the same problem. Red light just flashes. So, I ordered a main board.

Collapse -
55"
by cnville / December 16, 2013 8:23 AM PST

Mainboard replacement did not fix the problem. Still looking for help on this one.

Collapse -
As you can see
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2013 3:19 PM PST
In reply to: 55"
Collapse -
55" blinking lights
by cnville / December 17, 2013 10:43 AM PST
In reply to: As you can see

Bad panel, 2 year old, ~ $900 repair which is not worth it on this TV.

Thanks for all of your help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.