Samsung forum

Question

Samsung 55 inch 6050 TV message says no signal

by dkw197 / December 2, 2013 8:52 PM PST

I have a Verizon set top box and Onkyo receiver and the TV is connected through the set top box via HDMI cables. Here's my problem: When we turn on the TV we get the error message on the screen that it cannot find the source and signal. We hear video but see no picture. After about 5 minutes, the picture will come up so we know it is getting the signal eventually and will work fine. Sometimes we have to turn everything off and on a few times and that will also work. My question is why this is happening and if there is any fix that will make the TV picture start up along with the rest of the system. We've tried everything we can think of: rebooting everything, changing ports, removing the cables and putting them back on, and unplugging everything and nothing seems to fix it. The odd part is that eventually it finds the signal and the picture will come on, so the know it is not that--just don't understand the delay in finding the signal. Any help will be appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung 55 inch 6050 TV message says no signal
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung 55 inch 6050 TV message says no signal
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung 55 inch 6050 TV message says no signal
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 3, 2013 2:37 AM PST

Hi dkw197,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this device. Also, is the TV directly connected to the STB or does this run through the receiver?

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
by dkw197 / December 3, 2013 10:50 AM PST

The TV model is UN55EH6050FXZA Version AH03

The TV runs through the receiver. The TV picture came on today when I turned everything on, but when I switched the channel to an HD channel, the picture went away and the message that it was couldn't find a source or signal came up again. I left the TV on and after about 5 minutes, the picture came on.

Thanks for the assistance.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 3, 2013 11:21 PM PST

Hi dkw197,

Have you tried connecting the STB directly to the TV to see if the delay still exists?

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
by dkw197 / December 4, 2013 4:59 AM PST

We tried turning everything off again and rebooting the STB again and today the TV is coming on normally. We'll see how long it lasts. If we get the error code again, we'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

Collapse -
by dkw197 / December 16, 2013 8:08 PM PST

We are still continuing to have our problem with getting the message No Signal or can't find the source when we turn on the tv, although we have tried rebooting and checking all of the cables and settings. We need to have the set top box go through the receiver and then to the TV so we have surround sound, so we didn't try that. If you really think that will show us something--we'll try it. What we don't understand is that the non-HD channels come right on, and eventually the ones in HD do also--so it is getting a signal, it just takes about 5 minutes for that message to go away and when it does, we turn off the TV and when we turn it on again, the picture is there. So it's really more of taking 5 minutes to get the HD signal. We have set up many TVs in our day, and we've never had a problem like this one. Any other suggestions--we are out of ideas.

Collapse -
by dkw197 / December 16, 2013 11:52 PM PST

I am reposting this, because I accidentally replied to myself in the forums rather than to the HD Tech.

We are still continuing to have our problem with getting the message No Signal or can't find the source when we turn on the tv, although we have tried rebooting and checking all of the cables and settings. We need to have the set top box go through the receiver and then to the TV so we have surround sound, so we didn't try that. If you really think that will show us something--we'll try it. What we don't understand is that the non-HD channels come right on, and eventually the ones in HD do also--so it is getting a signal, it just takes about 5 minutes for that message to go away and when it does, we turn off the TV and when we turn it on again, the picture is there. So it's really more of taking 5 minutes to get the HD signal. We have set up many TVs in our day, and we've never had a problem like this one. Any other suggestions--we are out of ideas.

Collapse -
no signal
by fastrover / December 17, 2013 6:20 AM PST

i get the no signal if i havent switched the set top box and surround system on first to allow them to boot up but five minutes does sound a bit excessive.when the message come up i just click ok sometimes have to do it twice while waiting for reciever and surround system to boot. hope this might be off some help to you.

Collapse -
by dkw197 / December 17, 2013 9:07 PM PST
In reply to: no signal

Thanks for the help fastrover. We had already figured out that we needed to turn on the set top box and the receiver first to let them boot up before turning on the tv, but had never tried clicking ok. When we did that, again the non-HD channels came right on, but when we changed the channel to an HD station, we got the no signal message again. And again after about 3-5 minutes in a little box in the top left hand corner on the TV screen that says HDMI/DVI, the time, 1920X1080/60i, and AV Receiver, the 1920X1080/60i started blinking. When that happens, we turn the TV off and turn it back on and the HD picture appears. Maybe this additional information might help someone think of what the problem is. We are out of ideas.

Collapse -
no signal
by fastrover / December 18, 2013 12:43 AM PST

Sorry to here that didn't solve your problem. The only other thing I can think off and this is a long shot is there any chance that one of your cables is causing interference and blocking the signal.is your arial lead going to your set top box double shielded also try to keep your cables away from the power cables I'm only mentioned this because I suffered with some breakup and loss of signal. The brown coax is the worst only single shielded.as hi said probably a long shot but worth checking.

Collapse -
one more thing
by fastrover / December 18, 2013 2:21 AM PST
In reply to: no signal

Check your onkyo receiver with another tv to see if the same happens also try swapping your hdmi cable and make sure the settings on receiver and surround system are set to auto for video. Could just be faulty equipment.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.