Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung 52" LN-T5265F LCD HDTV HELP!

by AngelicDevil680 / January 12, 2010 12:14 AM PST

I have a 3 year old Samsung 52" LN-T5265F LCD HDTV.

I tried to turn the tv on and you hear it go on and the little blue light under Samsung goes on but I have no picture and no sound, no nothing.

It keeps going on and off,on and off, no sound or picture after several attemps.

The tv worked fine yesterday and now this.....I called Samsung and they wont help me because the TV is out of warranty.....

Can anyone help????

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung 52" LN-T5265F LCD HDTV HELP!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung 52" LN-T5265F LCD HDTV HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HELP........
by AngelicDevil680 / January 12, 2010 1:05 AM PST

Seems like from the other thread I'm not alone w/this.

What do I do now............someone please HELP

Collapse -
contact the Better Business Bureau
by AngelicDevil680 / January 12, 2010 3:48 AM PST
In reply to: HELP........

Im going to contact the Better Business Bureau about the issue.

Samsung wont do anything to help me even though they know the compacitors that were installed were not efficient, but yet where put in away.

They DO NOT want to take responsibility and fix the issue!!

If anyone else is having a prob please contact the Better Business Bureau about this.

http://www.bbb.org/

Collapse -
WOW
by AngelicDevil680 / January 12, 2010 10:32 PM PST

WoW Looks like the web page was now deleted that talked about Samsung...knowing of the issue! Good thing I printed it and sent it to the BBB!!!!

Please if you are thinking about a SAMSUNG TV DO NOT BUY ONE!!!

Collapse -
Same issue-getting service
by jakesrefrig / January 12, 2010 10:38 PM PST
In reply to: WOW

Angelicdevil:
Our Samsung red light started blinking yesterday, wouldn't come on. Finally it turned on, no issues the rest of the night. This morning nothing. No light and won't turn no. I luckily (hopefully) purchased the extended warranty plan through Walmart and am supposed to have a service tech come to the house tomorrow. I will post and let you know what he finds. I shouldn't have to pay anything but will also post any costs he may tell me.

Collapse -
Good Luck!
by AngelicDevil680 / January 12, 2010 10:43 PM PST

How old is your TV whats the model of it????????

I'll bet you anything you need to replace the capacitors on the power supply board!!

I can't fathom that a company like Samsung is not doing anything!!!

Perhaps if it had caused a fire , Samsung would have been more responsive.

Collapse -
Samsung TV on/off problem model # lnt 5265fx/xac
by ngojohn / March 21, 2010 12:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Good Luck!

Hey all,

I am having the same problem with my Samsung TV lnt 5265fx/xac model. basicly, the problem is the tv turns on and off, before I had to wait for a couple of minutes until there was picture, now Im not getting any picture but the TV is still turning on and off. I was reading on the forum and some users were suggesting that I replace the board, but the main problem was the capacitors. I think I've located the capacitors at the top right of the board, so Im thinking of heading to radio shack and replacing all the capacitors. Just in case, if this doesnt work, is there any other suggestion? here are the picture of the board and the back of my TV.

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/backtv.jpg/

http://img511.imageshack.us/i/boardn.jpg/

someone please help,

thanks

Collapse -
Update to my issue
by jakesrefrig / March 24, 2010 2:20 AM PDT

I posted previously that I was going to call for repair. I did so and three of my capacitors were bad. I asked the repairman to change all five because I don't want the other two to go bad AFTER the extended warranty is over. He wouldn't as he said he is allowed to only change what he sees bad at the time of service. I was very glad that I purchased the extended warranty through Walmart. I will do so in the future now as well as its a nominal price compared to repairs or trying to do myself.
I recently went with my daughter to help her purchase a TV and we were told by the Walmart clerk that Walmart will no longer be carrying the Samsung TVs due to their boards and issues. He said their quality is bad.

Collapse -
Not just bad capacitors
by anguli / October 6, 2010 12:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Update to my issue

I have a LNT5265F that I bought in early 08. About 8 months ago, the main lcd and T-con panel went bad. The repairs were estimated at $1,850! I called Samsung support and had them create an ECR and told me they'd call back in a couple days. After a week, I contacted them and found that the claim had been closed because the TV was 3 months beyond warranty. The person I spoke with gave me the number of the next level of support and I explained the situation to them and offered that I didn't expect them to pay for the full repair but that maybe we could work out a compromise. They agreed to pay for the parts and I paid for the labor. We were ecstatic and back in business, the picture was never better. That was a real stand-up thing they did!

Then, a couple weeks ago, we started getting the starry pink screen that didn't start right away. I remembered seeing something about it on CNET so I searched and came up with this (and like) threads. Figured I'd give it a shot but I've got to say I was very skeptical. I bought the parts at Radio Shack and went to work with the soldering iron to replace 2 leaking capacitors.

When I finished, I plugged the thing in and it immediately came on and the screen lit up and back in business again! Thanks CNET! This is truly an awesome forum! I went from slug to hero in about 30 minutes and for less than $4. Thanks to everyone that contributed!

Collapse -
Bad Capacitors
by jrakhra1906 / May 8, 2011 11:14 AM PDT

Hi,

Can please any body let me know how much cost to change bad capacitors. Is it eassy to change capacitors and or need a techniciation/serviceman. Thanks for the help.
TV model number is LNT5265FX/XAC

Collapse -
52" LCD TV
by techno-q / May 9, 2011 3:48 AM PDT

It's possible your TV has a capacitor issue. Try calling Samsung again and tell them you think it could be the capacitors. Your TV may qualify for a free of charge repair.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!