General discussion

Samsung 50" Plasma HDMI problem

Three months out of Warranty!

I am only able to access one of my four HDMI inputs.( #3 )

If I connect ( plug in )another input signal to any other HDMI port the signal of what is showing on HDMI 3 is replicated there. Have tried different devices. Have quality leads.

Only using two inputs. 1. Tivo ( incl live TV ) and 2. WD HD LIVE. Have been working without fault for two months.

Thanks anyone.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung 50" Plasma HDMI problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung 50" Plasma HDMI problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Addition to above.

I should have added above that I updated the one available Samsung firmware upgrade back in February well before this problem arose.

I have downloaded it again but will install it again when all else fails I think.

The TV is a Samsung 50" Plasma PS50 B650 S1 FXXY.

- Collapse -
Back again...PROBLEM FIXED !!!

Powered down everything overnight ( unplugged at the wall. ) Unplugged all HDMI leads.

Next morning powered up TV with first lead in, then powered up the device. Worhked fine.

Then added the other devices powering them up after connected. All Good.

Found this fix on an earlier blog at least 12 months older. It is obviously a lock up that occurs from time to time on different TV units.

CNET Forums