Samsung forum

Question

Samsung 4K TV Multiscreen

by venkatx7 / March 3, 2015 1:57 AM PST

Anyone using Multi screen (4 Screen) on Samsung 4K TVs?

I have 50HU8550 4K TV and it has Multi Screen option. The manual/product description says, we can watch different programs on 4 windows in same screen.

When I press MScreen Button, I see only 2 Screens. One screen shows Cable Channel and another one shows Youtube or Web Browser.

How to exactly get 4 Screens? Any clue?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung 4K TV Multiscreen
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung 4K TV Multiscreen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Remember this is not going to replace a Quad "box"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2015 2:07 AM PST
https://www.google.com/search?q=lyFZ7MrYq9U&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 finds the Youtube video about Mscreen.

So far I don't see ANY indication I can watch 4 programs in this mode. Unless by program you me 1 cable channel, 1 app, 1 browser, etc. Your cable box usually limits what channels you can display in that input at a time. Very few decode more than 1 at a time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=HDM-SWITCHPRO-VW4&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 finds what some are looking for but to date I've yet to find a TV do true quad.
Bob
Collapse -
Quad Screen is not possible on Samsung
by venkatx7 / March 3, 2015 3:20 AM PST

I feel Quad Screen is a Marketing trick. The M Screen button on remote just open dual screen. You can switch between screens. 1st Screen will be always cable channel. In 2nd Screen, we can open apps.

Am not trying to watch 2 or more cable channels. I just want to play different apps (1 TuneIn Radio, 2 - Youtube, 3 - Browser, 4 - Video on USB Hard Drive). I don't use Cable so It's Optional.

The Youtube video didn't explain on how to get Quad Screen. Am not trying for Video Wall with Multiple TVs/Monitors. So HDMI Switch Pro is totally out of this topic.

Any HU8550 owners who use Quad Screen?

Collapse -
In your case, definitely no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2015 3:32 AM PST

I've yet to see this run multiple apps similar to say Windows did. The HDMI Switch Pro is also about true quad HDMI to 4K displays. That runs about 3 thousand or more today so we don't expect that in a TV. If you want multiple apps on screen, a PC looks to be the solution.
Bob

Collapse -
HU8550 supports only Dual Screen. No Quad Screen
by venkatx7 / March 3, 2015 5:22 AM PST

I just searched and found HU8550 supports only Dual Screen. Probably only Samsung Curved UHD TVs support Quad Screen.
http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/tv/uhdtv/mobile/multi_link_screen.html

But the below article states Quad Screen supported on UHD Flat and Curved TVs.
ashttp://www.display-central.com/free-news/display-daily/samsung-multi-link-screen-uhd-killer-app/

God only knows what Samsung advertises as Multi link Screen or Quad Screen on UHD TVs.

<div>Bob : Frankly I don't want to know about HDMI Switch Pro or anything of that kind. Thanks.
</div>

Collapse -
maybe need
by James Denison / March 4, 2015 1:54 AM PST

an different input used for each channel, and the set top box from the cable company, ever since they went digital only do one or two channels at a time anyway. Perhaps if you have a feed from DVD player, one from VCR added to the split screen, you'd get 4 screens?

Collapse -
Answer
Let's go with product's manual next.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2015 5:30 AM PST

Just get your seller on the phone and ask for fix or refund. Make it simple.
Bob

Collapse -
It's Not Hardware Issue
by venkatx7 / March 3, 2015 11:36 PM PST

I bought this TV at TigerDirect online on Last Black Friday. They accept returns only for 14 days. TVs more than 40" cannot be returned. Cry

Morever this is not Hardware Issue. It's a Feature issue which has to be dealt with Samsung. TigerDirect for sure will reply to contact Samsung for any issue. Am already struggling with Samsung Support for the 3D Issue. This is not worth to discuss with Samsung. Their Customer Care is Terrible! <span style="font-size: 14.4799995422363px;"> Devil <span style="font-size: 14.4799995422363px;">

Collapse -
Why do you say it's not hardware?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2015 11:38 PM PST

The manual says it does, you find it doesn't, it's clearly a product misrepresented by seller and/or maker. Go for the refund since you can't get help from Sam.
Bob

Collapse -
Can't fight with TigerDirect or Samsung
by venkatx7 / March 4, 2015 1:09 AM PST

It's difficult for me to fight with Samsung or TigerDirect.
Am already tired argue with them.
I need to learn to live with these.

Collapse -
Quad Screen mentioned in Samsung Site
by venkatx7 / March 4, 2015 1:23 AM PST

I clearly checked in Production Description page on Samsung Site.
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN50HU8550FXZA

It shows this 50HU8550 supports Quad Screen.

<div>Quad Screen
Transform your TV into four screens that can access live TV, video clips and the web all at once. Watch your favorite golf tournament on one screen and search the web for current standings on another. Then watch a video tutorial to master your swing while navigating your Smart TV panel on the fourth screen.
</div>

But I don't know whom to contact to check this.

Collapse -
If maker or seller won't set it right.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 4, 2015 1:31 AM PST

You have no choice but to head to small claims court. I'm a bit surprised neither will deal with this.
Bob

Collapse -
Claim Court?
by venkatx7 / March 4, 2015 3:34 AM PST

Thanks for the suggestion. But am not willing to do this. Bcoz am ALIEN! Devil

Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Multi screen
by Ebauer3900 / December 20, 2015 4:42 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.