Question

Samsung 46D7000 digital TV does not work

After a really long and anticipated wait for my Samsung D series, the day finally arrived to setup this work of art in my lounge.

Everything well until the tuning of the tv channels. No digital TV functional.... What? How is that possible?

I scanned through the box to make sure that it was indeed the d7000 and searched hours to find out if I had mis-read the specs.

All the reviews and samsung sites confirm that the d7000 has a built in dvb-t.

So now I look to this forum to help answer my ignorant question.

How do I activate the digital tuner on my samsung UA46D7000?

Thanks to the kind soul that can help answer my question!!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung 46D7000 digital TV does not work
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung 46D7000 digital TV does not work
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
What do you mean

by no digital tv functional? What sort of signal source do you have it connected to? The tv is not capable of recieving signals digital or analog without some sort of antenna, or other source connection. The fact that it has a digital tuner merely means it can receive digital broadcasts without a converter box.

- Collapse -
Analogue tuner

When I search for channels using the either the auto tune or manual tune function, the analogue tuner is only available.

I searched through the menus and I can't find the digital tuner.

- Collapse -
I'm not familiar enough with your

particular model to give you a definitive answer, I do know the US models always have the digital option available along with analog. This is definitely something I would take to your local Samsung support line, if there's an option they should know it and if it's a hardware problem then they can help you get it resolved.

CNET Forums