General discussion

Samsung 46" LCD - Internet sound to receiver.

What connections do I use to get sound through my receiver when I buy movies through their widgets? Also, I need sound when I connect my latptop via HDMI? None of the jacks are clearly marked.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung 46" LCD - Internet sound to receiver.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung 46" LCD - Internet sound to receiver.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung 46" LCD - Internet sound to receiver.

gfair714,

What audio input options do you have on your receiver?

Also, which model TV do you have?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Samsung 46" LCD - Internet sound to receiver

The TV is model LN46875DU1FXZA 240hz. My receiver has 3 open inputs and all of them are RCA jacks. Standard audio/video inputs. It's an ONKYO 701 series receiver.

The outputs on the TV are what I need help with.

Any advise is appreciated.

- Collapse -

gfair714,

I think you mean the LN46B750.

If so, here's a screenshot of the actual port to use for computers with HDMI:
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/samsung_hd_tech/dvi46b.jpg

Technically, any HDMI port should work, but you might also want to edit the name of the input on the panel from "----" to "PC".

For the audio out to your receiver, you can use RCA stereo, or use the optical audio outs listed here:

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/samsung_hd_tech/audiooutforreceiver.jpg

Does that help?

--HDTech

- Collapse -

Got it working. It was too simple. Minor adjustment on the TV settings.

Thanks for your help!

- Collapse -

gfair714,

Glad to hear you got it working!

Best,

--HDTech

CNET Forums