General discussion

Samsung 40J6300 - Horizontal dots on screen edge at times

Dec 30, 2015 11:23AM PST

Hi All,

After much analysis on best 40inch HD LED. I bought the Samsung 40J6300 last week. Unboxed. TV is good. I don't have Cable box. So i used my 2 TB portbale hard disk to watch some MKV movie files. While playing the movie, at times i find some horizontal dots on the upper edge of the screen, some times in the lower edge and rarely in the middle portion. Its like 5 - 10 colors dots appears for a while and dis appears. These are color dots and it appears only when i forward or press the volume up / dpwn button in my remote. If i dont touch the remote its good. also it not happening always. only at times.
I tried YouTube APP. i don't see that color dots in the you tube app, even if i repeat the same steps in the steps. I just wondering is this a issue with the display or is this the problem with the source i.e. HDD

I noticed the same problem while using the online APP called YUPPTV. i do see the same dot lines at times when i press the remote volume. i clearly understand that this is happening only in the video. One time i see the dots in the middle of the screen and i pressed menu.. the dots are not visible in the menu, but only in the background video.
Did some search online and wondering possible is this a over-scan issue.. but not sure..

Kindly let me know whether any one you faced the similar problem and what is this exactly.Thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung 40J6300 - Horizontal dots on screen edge at times
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung 40J6300 - Horizontal dots on screen edge at times
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Many MKV or rather movie downloads have such.
Dec 30, 2015 12:05PM PST

It's not overscan or such but just whoever made the file didn't do so cleanly. Not a TV or Samsung issue here.

- Collapse -
Re: Many MKV or rather movie downloads have such
Dec 30, 2015 12:40PM PST

Hi,

Its playing good in laptop and PC. But the same file while played via USB HDD in samsung LED is facing this problem. I see the dots only when i increase or reduce the volume in remote. Also similar problem i noticed in a online APP streaming channel. no issues in playing any videos in YouTube or Netflix.. Any idea?

- Collapse -
Smart TVs are not PCs.
Dec 30, 2015 1:28PM PST

I've seen it on some streaming channels as an error in encoding where they pick up another scan line that on old sets would not show.

These are not PCs. We must encode to fix playback errors as the Smart TV makers don't consider this a bug (it's not.)

CNET Forums

Forum Info