General discussion

Samsung 40" 3d LED - all inputs simultaneously stopped worki

Purchased the above TV (U40C7000 I think) a few weeks back and everything was great. Was using it this morning no problem. Upon returning home with no changes to my setup, I am met with the 'No signal' error on my HDMI input.
Have spent several hours testing every device connected to the TV on Component, Composite and HDMI. Every input on the TV has been tried and all return a 'No Signal' (however the TV does recognise which input has something plugged in when I press source, as the input plugged in at the time is white rather than gray).

I did get a signal from my xbox via component for about 30 seconds, but promptly lost that and have not been able to replicate.

Pretty sure there's some component in the TV that has died, but want to get a Samsung reps opinion before i sink several more hours into self troubleshooting rather than taking it back to retailer (who will no doubt be out of stock, and I'll be 6 months without a TV knowing m luck).

Cheers.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung 40" 3d LED - all inputs simultaneously stopped worki
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung 40" 3d LED - all inputs simultaneously stopped worki
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Reply from Samsung

Samsung support got back to me with an email offering the below advice. Keen to try it when I get home... tho I'm not sure that I recall seeing an exit button anywhere. Would this be referring to the power button?

Please follow the below instructions on how to EXIT reset your TV, this should resolve the issues your TV has
encountered:

1)Press and hold the ?EXIT? button for about 30 seconds up to 1 minute
2)The message ?Resets all settings to the default values? will appear
3)Use the left arrow key to select ?ok? , a yellow box will be around ?ok?
4)Press the enter key (in center of the 4 arrow keys)
5)The TV will turn off
6)Turn the TV back on with the ?power? button
7)Follow ?plug and play? setup

If the issue continues, you will need to download the firmware from our website just click on the link below
and download the ?upgrade file? and FOLLOW the ?upgrade guide?

- Collapse -
inputs

Hey there. There have been certain recent models that have had issues with the inputs suddenly stop working. I had this issue on my pn58c7000. Usually unplugging the TV for a few mins fixed this up. They fixed this issue though in one of their recent firmware updates. So you might want to check for any updates for yours. Hope this helps Happy

- Collapse -
Thanks =)

Thanks Marauderxp,

Got my brother to try the above instructions as he got home ahead of me, and it's fixed Grin (tried leaving it unplugged overnight and it didn't work in the morning).

I'm fairly sure I'd grabbed all the firmware updates available 3 months ago when I bought it, but may be that there's newer.

In any case the problem's solved now, and hopefully can be of use to someone else, as I had very little joy googling the issue.

Cheers.

- Collapse -
gr8

No probs, Cool stuff, glad to hear it's working. It's one of those probs where it makes ya think it must be serious,but it must just be something port-wise being left open or something by the software occasionally.

CNET Forums

Forum Info