Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung 3D LED 40" Series 7 - Crosstalk & Ghosting

by cdry10 / June 23, 2010 3:49 PM PDT

I've had my Samsung 3D LED 40" Series 7 television for a week now, and I've noticed on all 3D content (Fifa World Cup, Australian Rugby, PS3 games) that I get quite a bit of crosstalk/ghosting. I've read about this been an issue for all the Samsung 3D LED TVs and that the problem doesn't exist on other brands or Plasma models.

Is Samsung going to fix this? Or is it a hardware problem and thus my 3D TV is not worth watching 3D on and won't ever get fixed?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung 3D LED 40" Series 7 - Crosstalk & Ghosting
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung 3D LED 40" Series 7 - Crosstalk & Ghosting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 24, 2010 3:12 AM PDT

cdry10,

I'm not sure why you would be experiencing this, or how it would be directly related to 3D. Are you using the 3D glasses for live broadcasts and gaming?

Or is the ghosting part of the 2D signal? If the image looks "watery", I might suggest adjusting the AutoMotion Plus to "LOW" or "OFF" and see if that might help.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by cdry10 / June 24, 2010 6:11 AM PDT

The problem occurs with any 3D on the TV as I said, this includes games and live broadcasts, and yes while using glasses. Most of it looks fine but there is nearly always something on the screen that has a transparent double image which is said to be caused by the shutter glasses/TV not working in sync. The left eye is only supposed to see the left image and the right eye only the right image, but my problem is occurring because at times one or both eyes will see part of the other eyes image thus causing an effect of double vision/ghosting/crosstalk.

Collapse -
Tried changing settings...
by cdry10 / June 24, 2010 6:18 AM PDT

I've tried fiddling with my settings including the motion plus settings and nothing makes a difference. If you google samsung LED TV 3D Crosstalk you will find plenty of other people with the same issue, which doesn't seem to exist on Plasma TVs or other brands.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.